Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Heading south soon
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
It has been in the mid 80s in Yuma this week. Cool

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Left Kalkaska Tues morning, clear, sunny, 15 degrees. Good roads, made it to Canton. New engine seems happy, no leaks or other problems.

Arctic air is chasing me south. This morning it is 15 degrees and expected to go down below zero. Time to go! Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5166 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dr. bart
posted Hide Post
Happy engines make happy campers...

Posts: 108 | Location: harrisonburg va | Member Since: 06-14-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
Steve: Take your time. Southwest Florida had 50 degrees this morning. Going to be upper 40's to 50 Saturday. The norm is 74...............Carl

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Well, we finally made it. Left Canton with 15 degrees and falling. Decided to head as far south as we could to find a warm place to stop. Tooling Along

Made it through Ohio, light snow (and salt head bang )
10 degrees. We had smooth sailing… 10 degrees through Kentucky… 10 degrees and light snow in Tennessee… drove over 600 miles to northern Alabama, 20 degrees and light snow in the air. The dam "Michigan tailwind" followed us all the way south!

Today we drove to an rv park north of Troy Alabama for the night. Sunshine and 50 degrees! Cool

A couple days here and we're headed for Florida. Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5166 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Freeze warnings here in central FL (Dade City star party for me) for tonight - Gonna be a bit chillier in AL. I'm sure you can cope...

Let me know where you stay Sun night; we might be able to get together for dinner. Travelers Campground at I-75 Exit 399 is near Sonny's BBQ original restaurant.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
We will be here in Al tonight and Sat night. On to St Andrews St park panama city for Sun, Mon nites. We will see friends from Mi there. On to Hillsborough St park Tues, Wed nites, hope to see Kevin and HelenJo while there.

On thurs we will continue south. Hope to see Danny Z on the way. Heading for Everglades City by next weekend. Plans are still in the works.

to be continued.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Cagles and Johns will be at Everglades Sun 2/15 until Sun 2/22.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
We are sitting in Largo at the Yankee Traveler until next Thursday then heading? Probably back north toward the panhandle toward I-55 to make a decision of what next. Chilly is just a relative term.

Posts: 1066 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
Only the Johns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. The leg gremlin bit Nick again. Pulled the "quad muscles" loose from the Patella that I broke two years ago. We're back in Augusta waiting on Surgery.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Oh crap! Is there any warranty on that last job, I hope?

We were hoping to see you two in Glades City but maybe you'll be home and patched up by April? We may try to stop by on the way back north.

Heading for St. Andrews State Park tomorrow. The outside water hose froze last night! 60's here today, sunny. Nice day. Cool

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that, Nick! I'll try to stop by after A H Stephens - got the tractor guy coming (hopefully) Monday 2/23 to DAV, and I have a couple of repairs to do on the TT.

I'm sure there's no connection, but TJ seems to be around when you get injured...just sayin' hide

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick Cagle:
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
Only the Johns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. The leg gremlin bit Nick again. Pulled the "quad muscles" loose from the Patella that I broke two years ago. We're back in Augusta waiting on Surgery.

Nick

Nick, that is such bad news

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Heading for St Andrews State Park for Sun and Mon. We will stay at Hillsborough St park Tues and Wed. From there we will continue south to Glades city on the weekend.

We'll be off the grid a few days enjoying the (relatively) warm weather and nice sun.

to be continued

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
For HRSP:

Take US 19 to Alt US 27 at Chiefland to I-75 at Ocala. Saves mileage, 4 lane, and light traffic.

An alternative, but more congested, continue US 19 to US 98 at Chasshowitzka to US 98/301 south of Ridge Manor.

In any event, take US 98 at I-75 Exit 301, or pass under the exit on US 98. When approaching the overpass at Dade City (Landmark is SR 578), get into left lane to take the 98 bypass. Stay on the bypass - don't take US 98 - the bypass rejoins US 301.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke