Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Heading to Quartzsite, maybe Yuma
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted
Wife is in Taiwan visiting family, kids doing things so with my older son we will be heading South. NO PLANS, just heading out. We have a limited amount of time so it will be a fast trip. If anyone in the area we might try to meet up.

Leaving Sacremento in a few hours. RAIN RAIN RAIN, El ninyo has hit, Was hoping to drive to some warmer weather but it looks like it will be in the 50s all weekend everywhere.

PM me if you are in this area

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2176 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/10
Picture of bud@YXY
posted Hide Post
Hi Ed
Sorry we can't meet you.
Looks like you'll get out of the rain in Quartzite but only up to the mid-50's--- and getting towards chilly at night ---- so good luck.
We are currently in Yukon-- so for comparision with Quartzite, we will be about 30 below zero (F) tonight. Coolest night of the year so far.
We may get to that area when we return to AZ.

Regards
Bud

1993 Breakaway 36ft & 1977 20 ft
Spartan: air ride and brakes & P32(?)
Cummins: 8.3 litre 250hp, PACBrake
Allison 3060 (6 spd)
Front entry, side hallway
7.5 kw diesel gen.
1999 2dr Tracker 4X4 5spd, SMI Braking system

Posts: 253 | Location: Yukon--Arizona and around | Member Since: 06-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
We are back. rather fast trip but we have things to do back home. Got delayed in a snow storm at Tehachapie and then from there on bitterly cold.

Went thru Quartzsite, around Yuma and then on to Tucson. Spent 5 hours at the Pima Museum walking around (again in the COLD) looking at aircraft, so many memories! My son had never been there.

Back home on Sunday night. 2350 miles in 3 1/2 days. Long over due quality time with my eldest son.

Breakaway ran well but still chasing some electrical glitches. Cruise control drops off from time to time and the Big Boy relay connectiong the house and chassis batteries drop at the same time. I know why but can not find the source of the problem. Will be tracing the trouble in the next few days

Bud, let me know the next time you are on the West Area, will try to hook up with you.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2176 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post