Barthmobile Portal
First Trip

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6341087061/m/3011028061

09-24-2003, 10:00 AM
DALE SMITH
First Trip
We purchased our 1991 38' Cat-Gillig wide body July 9,2003 in Houston. Since we have installed our new interior. My bride of 43 years as usual was a big factor in such as we did ALL the work ourselves. We will be headed for Dallas in a hour and will show our purchase to my family in a couple. My brother has a new 40-tag Manoco, and it will be interesting to learn what he thinks of ours. We thank this site more than one can say for the help and friendship it has given us. THANK YOU..... We will report back upon our return. "FUN IS GOOD". This site is "GOOD"...Dale and Sharon Smith Indy
10-03-2003, 01:47 AM
DALE SMITH
OUR FIRST TRIP... Well we headed SW on I-70 from Indy. toward Dallas to attend my sisters wedding, and spend time with family. We planned to spend most of our time in the Dallas area so decided to drive two 400 plus mile days. We would not do such had we not wanted to spend family time. First nite "EVER" in our Barth was in Memphis next to Graceland. Nice park, but tight. They were aware that this was our first nite so they were eager to answer any and all questions. We backed into our spot and found it level so no jacks were needed. They hooked us to 50 amps, but no power was in coach. Oh no I thought. When I advised the helper he said well maybe you have to turn on in coach, and with that I said no something is not right. He looked at me and then headed back to the power box and found he had not turned on such. All went well with the coach and we had a nice talk with our neighbors from Canada. In the morning we filled up with LP and headed toward Dallas. We watched for Barth's on the road and laughed that we would probably not see any. Well approx. 100 miles out we spotted one headed the other direction, and would you believe it was our twin. It was either that or a 40 footer, but was the exact paint scheme. Sure would have loved to talked with them. As it turned out it was the only Barth we saw over the next 8 days. We stayed in Denton, Tx. at Destiny Resort and found it to be a very wooded shaded site. We would recommend it to anyone in the area. They have a large play area for children, and a very large and nice community area building. Too they have a new diy wash building with rolling ladders, and upper walk area to wash your rig. We had a wonderful time with family, and the weather was in the low 80's and 60's at nite. We learned that are bed is to firm so will be replaced. We had two extended visitors that wanted to look our Barth over inside and out. My brother that has a 2002 Manoco and a gentleman that has owned 13 RV's over the past 30 years who now owns a $1,400.00 Prevost. Both had their wives with them so they toured our Barth too. It was loud and clear they loved the open feeling our unit gave them. The Prevost owner put his hand on my shoulder and said this is as nice a coach as anyone should ever need. Then he said if it were not that he have made a lot of money in real estate this is what I would want. We had a great time, and had we not had the fuel problem explained in today's Tech. post I would say it was a perfect first time out. We understand problems will pop up, and I kick myself for not seeing the problem ahead of time. I had a coule hard to start days before we left, and I should have asked more questions. We did see a very bad wreck that had just happened. A Airstream tag RV upside down and the guard rail thru the drivers roof area. It appeared they lost it going down a very long hill when wind thru the valley caught them. They were pulling a full size van that was destroyed too. We said a prayer that they were ok, and since three others had stopped to help we did not. LOVE our Barth, and learned a lot. Going to Michigan, Higgins lake area later this month. Can't wait. Dale and bride of 43 years yesterday. Time flies when having fun, and "FUN IS GOOD".
10-03-2003, 02:17 AM
davebowers
Wow, there is not much to say, but now your hooked for life. Congratulations on such a nice trip.