Forums    Barth Journeys    Heading to the SC coast for spring break.
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Heading to the SC coast for spring break.
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 06/08
Picture of Neil T.
posted
We will be heading to http://www.oceanlakes.com/ on
the 4/15-4/19 for our annual spring break trip.We have never seen another Barth.
This time it will be with only our youngest child
as the others are too "busy".
Next year we may be going by are self Frowner.
Looking forward to grand kids one day.

www.swedishautomotive.com
77 28' Rear Bath
The "Budget BARTH"

Posts: 246 | Location: Simpsonville, South Carolina | Member Since: 04-20-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Looking forward to grand kids one day.

Careful what you wish for nono........

Our 4 g-kids are 4-6 years, including twin boys....We take them often. My bride says it's obvious that I enjoy the weekends, but I reserve the biggest smile for the trip home Big Grin

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
Ocean Lakes is great,we know alot of folks who go there and love it. Sherrie's Mom's place is only a mile or two from there and we go to her place alot. We pick up our seafood to cook at the house from Harrellson's Seafood or Murrell's Inlet Seafood, both in Murrell's Inlet. About 5 miles south of were you will be staying. Harrellson's also cooks lunch from 11 - 3.

Have fun,
Bill

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Lee, how do you handle car seats for the little ones in your Barth? Our triplet grandkids are without a doubt, a blast! I'd rather hang out with them than do almost anything else. At the age of 4 years 7 months, they are just plain fun.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/10
posted Hide Post
Jim and Tere,

About 3 weeks ago, I made provisions for 3 car seats for my 2, 4,& 5 year old boys in my Barth.

I added 3 seatbelts on the drivers side couch to secure them. I'm a big believer in seat belts and car seats....recently I had a client with a rollover accident with their Tahoe and all their children were fine due to their car seats.

I secured my seats belts to 12" eyehooks that I installed behind the sofa that went down through the compartment below....

(There are different theories on installing seatbelts)

Posts: 429 | Location: The Great Midwest | Member Since: 12-04-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lee, how do you handle car seats for the little ones in your Barth?

Hi Jim,

My forward facing dinette bench is the only seating area with belts. I drop the table so it's flush with the seat height, set them on their booster seats and buckel'em in. The seat height to the table top height is now about 8 inches, just right for their leg length. The extra cushions go along the sidewall and double-up on the rear-facing bench back.

Nat'l. Safety Council may poo-poo the concept, but we feel confident enough that we've maximized the kid's protection, i.e.: curb side location, belts, ancillary padding, daytime only, 50-55mph......

Now to just find a way to mute the nonstop "Bampa, are we there yet??...." Big Grin

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 06/08
Picture of Neil T.
posted Hide Post
Well we drove down Saturday the 16th during the storm. We thought we missed it but ended up driving through it. The wind made driving the old Barth a hand full. My son was driving behind me and said the Barth was leaning over so far he thought it would flip over. We made it to the coast just in time to park and hunker down. I hooked up the cable TV and watched tornado warnings inch closer to us. We ended up going to the club house figuring it would be safer than the Barth. The storm ended up going just north of us and hitting NC. We got a lot of rain and wind like what I drove though. The campground was full and with only a hand full of campers concerned like us in the club house. There had to be thousands in the campground at the time, just think if it would have hit.
The rest of the week was perfect.
Just another adventure in the Barth.

www.swedishautomotive.com
77 28' Rear Bath
The "Budget BARTH"

Posts: 246 | Location: Simpsonville, South Carolina | Member Since: 04-20-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post