Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Carlsbad Caverns
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted
Went there this morning, awesome place!, came up after a couple of hours and what did i see in the parking lot as i was going to the bus but a Barth sitting there. Was going back down in the caverns so i left a note. When i came back up later i saw the folks unlocking their door so went over and chatted for a few minutes before we all left. It was Chris and Dianne Chrisman from L.A. on their way home for turkey day, sounds like they covered quite a bit of ground on their trip and are having a good time. I highly recommend the caverns as a place to see.....easy to do today but when you think of the first people to go down with just lanterns......wow!

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Hey Shadowman,

I forgot to leave a message before but I did look up Palacios TX and all I know is that I want to be there.

I am glad you enjoyed the caverns. My wife Deb got in to a cave thing a while back. There are a ton here in Minnesota, WI and IA. The problem with going down in a cave is that you have to come back up. When I had the Barth rally here I had set up a cave tour to "Mystery Cave". I thought half would leave after that.

Where are you going now. West or East. A ton of Barth'er will be in Quartzite/Yuma pretty soon. Ol'roy should be there now. You heading over there??

Drive carefully........

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/08
posted Hide Post
Hi Ed & Stevi: Sound like a GREAT trip you Folks are on!I been to Carlsbad Caverns and the GOV Salts mines there!Where are you heading now? How many miles have you travel on you trip?Out of the 5813 miles on our trip the only Barth we saw was at Gary & Edie Home and John & Irene Home! THANK:

------------------
Jay&Shelby 95 Regency 34ft. 300 hp.

Posts: 134 | Location: Harriman,Tn.U.S.A. | Member Since: 01-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
Hi all, we are headed west. Texas started to get too wet and we got out just ahead of most of it. We were in Bisbee for a couple of days, then Naco and then Sierra Vista at my mom's for turkey day. We are now in Mesa till tuesday or wednesday then headed to Yuma for a short stay then on to Quartzsite, then to Lake Havasu. By the time we get there we will have put on 10,000 miles on the old bus. As we were leaving Naco on thanksgiving morning headed to Sierra Vista we met a Barth. I think it was white with a red and blue stripe but not sure because we were by it before i got a good look at it....couldn't even tell you what kind of toad he had behind him. He did wave at us and i had time to return it. Anybody know who it might have been? The next day we did a quick loop by car back thru Tombstone, Bisbee and Naco and looked in some of the rv parks to see if he was around but had no luck. Did the tour in the Queen mine when we were staying next door there, that was interesting, the guides are all retired miners who worked in the different mines in the area. Had breakfast one morning in the Shady Dell rv park where they have old trailers and a boat you can spend the nite in.....Dave don't i remember you talking about that place once? They have an old Flexible Bus that they are fixing up as a rental unit and another Spartan trailer too. Gotta go for now, bye all.

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post