Tools
Reply To This Topic

leaf peeping in Michigan
 Login now/Join our community

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Tom and Nancy: I am located about 20 miles east of Traverse City in Kalkaska. There are numerous friendly RV parks in the area. If you really want to see some fall colors, stop by my place. If the weather is decent we'll take a plane ride over Traverse Bay, Leelanau, Sleeping bear dunes and the Manitou islands in about 1 hour. Great scenery!

Bill and Sherrie: You need about a 1954 school bus to pull that fancy rig of yours up to the gate! (We'll give 'em a "full body paint job!...)

Them TC folks don't know nuthin' bout motorhomes... (if you hear some rumor about a rogue Barth doing doughnuts in their lawn you'll vouch I was in the chat room at the time?)

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5159 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
posted Hide Post
Wow I can't believe a Michigan business owner turning away business, so much for our Pure Michigan tourism Campaign. That RV resort sounds too uppity anyway, do they also have a dress code? Shirt and tie required during the day, polo shirts and dress required after 5:00 pm. Dinner served on the veranda pressingly at 6:00, served by waiters dressed in white.

I'm sure there are 1000 other RV parks that would love to have the honor of having your Barth parked on one of there lots. You could also checkout Michigan State Parks website, many of them are located right on Lake Michigan. You can get a virtual tour of the campsites and check availability. There is a no alcohol policy for all state parks, however they don't check, and if you're discrete about it, no problem. Holland, Ludington, Traverse City they are great parks to stay in plus many more.

Posts: 259 | Location: SouthWest MI | Member Since: 08-12-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom & Loraine:
Wow I can't believe a Michigan business owner turning away business, so much for our Pure Michigan tourism Campaign. That RV resort sounds too uppity anyway, do they also have a dress code? Shirt and tie required during the day, polo shirts and dress required after 5:00 pm.

I did know on park operator who was considering banning men who wore tank tops. Said that was an indicator of bad camping manners. I don't know if he ever did, but he did ban converted school buses. Same reason.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
After a solid week of rain, I finally got to take a ride in my "other Barth" Looking out the window we can see colors are about 50% now: (enjoy!)

Looking north:

Looking west:

Traverse city and Traverse Bays are at far right top:

looking east:

Of course, I just noticed my left brake caliper is leaking.. only $219 plus 70 cents for the oring. Found my next project!

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5159 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the great pictures, Steve. Brings back memories. I've done quite a bit of flying over that same territory.

The brake rebuild also brings back memories. We won't talk about that.

Lou

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Awesome fall colors! The only thing I miss up north are the fall colors and smells. Perhaps it's so special because you know what's about to hit the fan in a month or two Tin Foil Hat Club

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Colors should peak next week, hopefully when Tom and Nancy are around. I'll get some more if we have good sun.

What a contrast to the gray days to come. I will be ready for FLA again this winter!

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Patch1st
posted Hide Post
I just got back from a trip up north with my three brothers.... We have NEVER gone anywhere together before.... We had a blast for the four days we were travelling..... We started near the bridge in Mich at Vanderbilt and the colors are awesome.....

Click for Saint Clair Shores, Michigan Forecast

Patch1st
35' Regency
MCC Chassis
8.2 Detroit Diesel
"Partly Cloudy"

Posts: 455 | Location: Michigan | Member Since: 10-17-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post