Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

leaf peeping in Michigan
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted
We are planning a trip to Michigan the first couple of weeks in Oct to see the color. We started reading tour books and gampground directories. I spotted the Travis Bay RV Resort and thought that might be fin for a couple of nights, then I spotted their 10 year rule.I called, the Lady on the phone was very nice and said that the Board made exceptions all the tim,just send pictures. I did and thought you all might get a kick out of their response.

We are sorry, but it is obvious by the styling of your coach that it is much older than 10 years. It is very clean, we admit, but 22 years is just much too far beyond our 10-year age limit. Since it is the condominium documents that regulate this age limit, the condominium association board of directors is not in a position to extend the exception that far. Thank you for taking the time to send us the photos and inquire about Traverse Bay RV Resort

Posts: 257 | Location: Carolina Shores Nc | Member Since: 12-12-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To finish. I guess if we had a stick and staple Coach with lots of swirls on it that won't make it for 22 years We would be ok.
I guess my recommendation would be if all you Barth owners in Michigan want a GTG I would try some place else.

We are still planning a trip to Michigan probably early to mid Oct. Hope we get to see some of you. I'll just give them the finger when we go bye.
see ya Tom and Nancy

Posts: 257 | Location: Carolina Shores Nc | Member Since: 12-12-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/14
Picture of Jerry Jelsing
posted Hide Post
I would not have even gone that far. Rules like that mean to me a place where the people are as plastic as the motorhomes. One of the things I enjoy most in traveling in the Bart is meeting new and interesting people, and seeing a variety of motorhomes.

Posts: 88 | Location: Green Valley AZ | Member Since: 10-31-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Your beautiful classic coach aside, these ignorant a-holes passed up meeting Tom and Nancy, a loss they'll never recover. Screw em!

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3481 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
Tom, You and Nancy are welcome to park your coach at the Doug and Janet Chicken Farm and Labrador Retriever Emporium any time you're in town. Skip Traverse City and go straight to Mackinac Island.

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
I do not allow visitors with coaches younger than 15 years.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
quote:
I called, the Lady on the phone was very nice and said that the Board made exceptions all the tim,just send pictures. I

I think it would be interesting if all the barthers would individually request reservation information and an exception ruling from that place. .......including that young guy on Florida's Nature Coast who has that big a'ed Bluebird thing. Mad

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think it would be interesting if all the barthers would individually request reservation information and an exception ruling from that place. .......including that young guy on Florida's Nature Coast who has that big a'ed Bluebird thing. Mad

I'm really between the rock and a hard place. Too old for them there fancy resort places, too young to visit Bill H. Geeze!

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
quote:
"I'm really between the rock and a hard place. Too old for them there fancy resort places, too young to visit Bill H. Geeze"

Being "half between" qualifies you for both; the latter is soon to come. Thumbs Up cheers

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Danny, Thanks for the kind words. Doug, careful what you say, we may end up on your front porch, if the dogs are in. Tom and Nancy

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Z:
Your beautiful classic coach aside, these ignorant a-holes passed up meeting Tom and Nancy, a loss they'll never recover. Screw em!
That was so eloquently put. It almost sounds like poetry.

Bravo Danny, exactly what I was thinking. Screw 'em!

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com11/10
Picture of Bill & Sonja
posted Hide Post
Hi Tom and Nancy, there's a RV park a few miles south of Calgary on Hwy 2 on the west side and beside the Highwood River. They have a park half full of RV's, most of which none of us would own. They have flatly refused us entry in both our Barth and Newell. Not that we would have entered, but I wanted us to understand each other. I continue to do what I told them I would do - spread the good word so others will know they do not have to put up with any of our kind when they are camping there.

1987 Newell ~ 40ft Widebody
2x f/o's: 1988 Barth - 33 Ft. SE tag axle & 1976 Barth - 24 Ft.

Posts: 115 | Location: Calgary - Alberta & B.C., Canada | Member Since: 09-17-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
It would be neat to have a map like we have for BM members, that would list parks we would never recommend. Places that refuse entry to clean, quality RVs would be good candidates as well as dirty, rude, etc.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
Can you imagine the look on their faces if we pulled in with one of the trailers?

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
I know that no one in our membership would let these folks (Traverse Bay RV Resort) speak for the rest of the people of Michigan when it comes to welcoming visitors to our neat state, but this incident sure is embarassing nonetheless.

The Traverse City area is, normally, a nice place to visit, and I would encourage any Barthmobile.com member to try other campgrounds in the area. The Leelanau Penninsula is welcoming, particularly beautiful and worth the drive. And there are a lot more beautiful places throughout Michigan to see.

Naturally, anyone who reads this and comes to Michigan is urged to stop in Allegan on the way to or from their Michigan destination so Barb and I can meet you and show you around our town.

Lou

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post