Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Heading South
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted
Feb 1st heading to the St Pete area then on to Daytona from the 12th thru the 17th we'll be in the infield in the Red zone. If you are going please stop by. After the 500 who knows what direction we will head. Hope to see and meet other Barthers. Tom

Posts: 257 | Location: Carolina Shores Nc | Member Since: 12-12-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
We run a bus trip to the Shootout on the 9th, so we'll miss you by a bit at Daytona. If you get a mind to come over to the "Old Coast" let us know if we can help you out or if you could stop by and say hi. Have a ball at the race.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3477 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I'll be at Alafia River State Park 2/6-10 (near Lithia, SE of St. Pete) at a star party.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Tom, don't know what route you are taking but if you are coming back from Daytona up 95 and across 20. I live 2 miles off 20 about 20 miles west of Augusta, GA. Would love to meet if you are going to be in the area. If you will be staying over night anywhere close let me know. If any of this fits your schedule PM me and I will give you my home phone and cell phone.
Nick & Donna

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/10
Picture of sky
posted Hide Post
Anne and I are leaving this morning going to Fort Wilderness Campground in Orlando for 2 weeks. sky

1990 Barth Regency
32RDGB1 Wide Body
3208 Cat 250 HP
Gillig Chassis
Center aisle

Posts: 454 | Location: Murphy, NC | Member Since: 03-01-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Nick, Suzy and I are in the pre-lim stages of planning a weekend at the Hydro races with Deb and Ed in July. I was looking at the state roads off 95 to Augusta, but it's hard to tell by a map which ones are best for RV's.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3477 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 01/08
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
Danny:

That's great news. Maybe Nick would like to join the party. The spots with power and water are limited. I spoke to my friend yesterday about coming up and he needs to know as soon as possible to reserve them.

ED.

Posts: 357 | Location: Ortona- Turkey Creek Florida | Member Since: 10-04-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was looking at the state roads off 95 to Augusta, but it's hard to tell by a map which ones are best for RV's.

I use to own a dive shop and went to West Palm every other weekend to train divers. We have tried every conceivable route. The best roads are I95 north to Savannah, I16 west to Statesboro, and Hwy 25 to Augusta. There are several routes that will save a few miles but not in the RV. There is also a nice state park near here at Mistletoe on the lake. It would be about 20 miles to the race site.

Really looking forward to your visit to the area. Keep me posted on your plans.
Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deb&Eds35:
Danny:

That's great news. Maybe Nick would like to join the party. The spots with power and water are limited. I spoke to my friend yesterday about coming up and he needs to know as soon as possible to reserve them.

ED.

Deb & Ed, you guys are close enough that we should try to get together one weekend at one of the state parks on Clarks Hill. In fact Donna and I are both retired so it doesn't have to be a weekend for us. Let me know.
Nick

Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Ed, as of now you can count us in for the Hydro races. We'd be able to lock in for sure by May 1st, but it would take an unseen circumstance for us not to go. If you need a deposit or anything let me know. Are you down here or up in Georgia? I need to try out the new fuel pump and lines and we're looking for a destination. Maybe Feb. 15 or 22.

79 Barth Classic

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 01/08
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
Nick:

I worked in Augusta for 4 years and kept our Barth on the River.
We would go up to Modoc at Clarks Hill 3 or 4 times a season.
I have the Barth in Florida now and thats how we met Danny and Rusty at the last GTG. We also met Morgan Stanley and his wife as we are interested in his 40'.

Great Group and looking foreword to meeting more Barthers.

ED

Posts: 357 | Location: Ortona- Turkey Creek Florida | Member Since: 10-04-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Z:
Ed, as of now you can count us in for the Hydro races. We'd be able to lock in for sure by May 1st, but it would take an unseen circumstance for us not to go. If you need a deposit or anything let me know. Are you down here or up in Georgia? I need to try out the new fuel pump and lines and we're looking for a destination. Maybe Feb. 15 or 22.
Danny pick out someplace between there and Augusta, Donna and I will try and meet you.
Nick