Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Our big summer trip
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Hello fellow Barthers. My wife and I are planning to depart from Santa Fe, NM on about June 12th for a 90 day excursion extending to Nova Scotia then south to North Caroline and back across the south eastern states, returning home about Sept. 10. We have a 1991 28' Breakaway with a 5.9 Cummins. We are towing a Subaru Imprezza and hope to post to this site periodically to provide info to anyone who is interested. Hopefully we won't have to ask too many questions of all you knowledgeable people on this site, but we might have to. Our heartfelt gratitude to Dave for putting the site together and keeping it running so smoothly. Any and all suggestions from any of you would be most appreciated. Happy trails to everyone,
Smith Hicks & Joanie Majerus

Posts: 17 | Location: Santa Fe, NM | Member Since: 10-03-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
When you get to North Carolina, give us a call. We live in Charlotte and while there's no place to park at our house, we might have other ideas about your trip in N.C. And we know all the good places to eat. Send me an email and I'll get you our phone numbers
Jim and Tere

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jime & Tere. I was born in Charlotte (too many years ago to mention). It is quite different now. We will be staying with some friends near Ashville. I have read many of your previous posts with interest. Have a great summer. Smith
quote:
Originally posted by humbojb:
When you get to North Carolina, give us a call. We live in Charlotte and while there's no place to park at our house, we might have other ideas about your trip in N.C. And we know all the good places to eat. Send me an email and I'll get you our phone numbers
Jim and Tere

Posts: 17 | Location: Santa Fe, NM | Member Since: 10-03-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
What a small world. Our oldest son lives in Ashville and works for the city. His name is Scott Bianchi. He is rather well known for his banjo playing. We are in Ashville quite a bit and if you would like to get together for a meal or something, let us know. Yes, Charlotte has changed a lot. I came here in 1968, when it was still a small town. It is still nice compared to some of the other big cities, but I'm a small town guy. Now if I can just get my wife to start thinking that way.

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post