Tools
Reply To This Topic

Winter-Spring '09 Trips
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted
2/25-3/1 - Orange Blossom Special Star Party (Withlacoochee River State Park, Dade City, FL): SR235/SR121 to I-75S, then US 98 to River Road, local to park.

2/28 or 3/1 - Barth Rangers' GTG, Seffner, FL: From OBSSP local to US 301, then SR 579 at Thonotosassa, local to Lazy Days Rally Park

3/19-3/31 - Astronomy Club Star Party (Chiefland, FL): Local to SR 235/SR 26/US 129/US 19 to local.

4/13-4/19 - North East Astro-Imaging Conference (Suffern, NY): Local to US 301/A1A, I-95 at Yulee, FL; I-695 at Baltimore, US 30 at York, PA, US 222 at Lancaster, I-78 at Allentown,I-287 at Bedminster, NYST (I-87/287) at Suffern, local to Rockland Community College.

4/19-4/27 - Mid South Star Gaze (French Camp, MS): Reverse route from Suffern to I-81 at Harrisburg, I-75 at Knoxville, I-59 at Chattanooga, US 82 at Tuscaloosa, to Mathiston, MS, Natchez Trace to French Camp.

6/13-6/22 - Buckeye on the Sky Star Party (Lodi, OH): Local to US 301, SR A1A to I-95 to I-26 thence I-77 to US250 at Strasburg, OH; SR 83 to Wooster, local to site.

6/24-6/25 - Green Bank Star Gaze, Green Bank, WV: From BEOTS, local to I-76, to SR60 at New Gallilee, PA to I-79 at Pittsburgh. Thence to US 33 at Weston, WV, US 250 at Elkins, SR 92 to site.

Return: SR92 to I-64 at White Sulfur Springs, I-77 at Beckley, I-26 at Columbia, SC, I-95 to SR A1A/US 301, local to home.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Just finished the 3,003 mile round trip 4/13-4/27 (actually departed 4/11 and arrived home 4/28) with only one repair - one terminal connector broke off the windshield washer motor.

Outbound, 15-20 mph headwinds from the GA-SC line to Bill N Y's. The leg from Suffern, NY to the Mid South had tail winds for 100 miles, then 15-20 mph quartering headwinds all the way to French Camp. Home leg had 10-15 mph headwinds the whole way except tailwinds the last 15 miles...The worst road surfaces were I-95N in SC, I-75S in TN. BTW the absolute worst surfacing I've ever encountered is US 71 in LA from Krotz Springs to Lecompte.

670 mile round trip the end of May to my lot in GA for the annual landowners' Memorial Day picnic.

I've now put over 40K miles on StaRV II (as an aside: Come June, I'll have put more miles on her than all prior owners combined) and have NEVER seen another Barth on the road or in an RV park or shopping center, except those I diverted to see (stringmann's, Carl Flack's, Butch Frazer's, Nick Cagle's, sky's, Bill N Y's, and the Vanderwall's).

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Adding a trip to Deerlick Astronomy Village near Sharon, GA, where I own a lot, for the annual landowners picnic.

~5/22-5/27: SR 231/SR100/US 41 to I-10, to I-75/I-16 at Macon, US 129 to SR 44 to SR 22 at Crawfordsville, GA, SR 47 to Sharon, local to site. Return SR 47/22/I-20 to SR-44 to Eatonton, then US 129 to I-16 at Macon, to I-75/10/SR 100 to home.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Hope you are planning on having an extra day to spend in Appling. I'm sure I can find something that needs to be fixed.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Actually, I posted this upon finding my beer inventory was low, hoping to get an invite! Big Grin

It'll be great to see Donna, er, and you, again -I'd figure about coming to Appling Monday, 5/25 for a bit.

I'll bring my toolbox.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
D-4 for the next trip. The mechanical pre-flight is done, save for the battery level and tire pressure, reserved for D-1.

Maggie and Casey, not having a PDA, stay on H-1 when they see the Barth being prepped.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke