Barthmobile Portal
Colonial Williamsburg

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6341087061/m/2573945787

04-24-2016, 01:00 PM
Steve Griffin
Colonial Williamsburg
Kathy and I are planning a trip in the Toaster to Williamsburg, VA before schools let out for summer. The plan is to park at the Williamsburg KOA and use the Electra Glide to explore the region. We will have about three weeks to spend on the trip out and back to Oklahoma. We plan to spend some days at Williamsburg, Jamestown and Monticello, at least, and maybe Oak Ridge, TN on the way home. Does anyone know any "don't miss this gem" places to visit while we are nearby?
04-30-2016, 10:12 PM
StinkyDaddy
Those are great places to go. You might also do Yorktown while you're there. Sherrie grew up in Yorktown, so she might have some other ideas. I'll ask her when she gets back in town. On the way in or out you might stop at Natural Bridge, there's a campground nearby. If you go thru West Va on I64 there is a long steep climb at the New River Gorge.

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com
05-01-2016, 12:00 PM
Mac125
You might check Anvil campground. Very highly rated and inexpensive local shuttle transportation to most of the sights. I have reservations there over the 4th of July. Family owned, very friendly folks.
Just a thought
Mac
'93 Breakaway
05-08-2016, 11:00 AM
Steve Griffin
Mac,
I checked out Anvil before deciding on the "quiet side" of the KOA, which is further off the interstate. We will have a motorcycle with us, so local transportation is not an issue...and the Anvil is about 50 feet from a set of RR tracks, so noise was a factor, since we will be there five or six days.
Enjoy your stay in July.

Steve
05-11-2016, 10:39 AM
Mac125
Yes, I saw that Steve, but for this trip ( only 5 days) I decided not to bring the bike or the car so easy transport won out. Not really worried about the noise. Have a safe trip.
Mac
'93Breakaway