Forums    Barth Journeys    Who is the S.O.B. (Some Other Brand) HERE?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Who is the S.O.B. (Some Other Brand) HERE?
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted
quote:
Originally posted by MWrench:I also saw this Steve and as many years I have been a part of this forum and GTGs, this has never been a requirement or for that matter never been discussed. Where this came from or who initiated it should go back to the drawing board and think about it! Vote for WHAT??? No need for a poll.
No one should or will be excluded, period end of the subject!!!

I just wanted to start with the quote above from another page on Barthmobile.
One of our members who is the owner of a "SOB Coach" invited me to an event that ended up being educational. This ForeTravel event made ME the SOB when I attended. The get together was in Angola, Indiana. We camped at Circle B campground, (now a CKampground Of America, because Circle B sold to corporate KOA).

Planned activities included:
  • Farming is not just about planting and harvesting. Thank you Kevin of Stoy Brothers Farm for the education.
  • Flag Coal Steam restores old Steam Locomotives.
  • Sechler Pickle Packing Plant. Nice tour and a free jar of pickles. Thank you Sechlers.

Optional activities were:
  • Auburn Cord Duisenburg Automotive Museum.
  • National Automotive and Truck Museum.
  • National Military History Center.
  • Kruse Museum.
  • Pancakes and sausage for breakfast to get you up and moving.
  • One Potluck evening meal.

Pictures will follow here as Photobucket and this old dinosaur PC begin to cooperate. Thumbs Up Thank you Larry and Karen for permitting a SOB to be a part of the event. Thanks to Max setting up the farm tour with Stoy Farm owner Kevin.

Arrived at KOA formerly Circle B Campground.

Max's Toy Trailer

Toys inside Max's toy trailer.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
I love Max's trailer and toys.

Smiler
Tooling Along

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here are some pictures from Sechler Pickle Packaging Plant.

Some photos have gone to Some Other Cloud, because they are not in Photobucket.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
Great write-up Computer Kevin

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Only Kevin would take a picture of a tub of pickling tomatoes. They are not going to make beer from them Kevin!!! Ooops

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2056 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duane88: a picture of a tub of pickling tomatoes.
Actually dem dare are peppers. Da workers was puttin' peppers in jars. Day ran out of pickles dat day. "BP" never got the pictures of the conveyor and the workers cleaning the peppers. Sorry for the shaky pictures. Maybe the conveyors will show up soon.
Look what finally came in on the Photobucket page.

posted Hide Post

This photo showed up in the file. Nice little used car to tool around on Sunday afternoon.