Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

going west
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Charlie and Angi
posted Hide Post
That was the arch two days ago. RV parking is under the bridge. You can just barely see the arch on the background

Posts: 43 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Member Since: 01-05-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Looking good! (The coach is nice too. Looks like you're having a great time.) Smiler

Not too far from Estes Park and RM Nat park...

Hmm... looks like riverfront... (way too clean and safe for Detroit!) gotta go look at a map!

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saint Louis,Mo. close to the arch.looking north

Posts: 35 | Location: Southeast Kansas | Member Since: 10-07-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
posted Hide Post
Best of luck on your journey, did you guys go up in the arch? The first time I realized that I am claustrophobic was in the little capsule you get into to go up. I freaked out I wouldn't let the automatic door shut, I bailed out, that thing was so small. Ha ha I bailed out on my wife!

Stay cool and enjoy, drive safe and post more pictures!

Posts: 259 | Location: SouthWest MI | Member Since: 08-12-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Made it through Rocky Mountain National Park. Had some issues with the Barth before entering the park. Not sure what, it was like the engine just stopped going. Never did, just intermittent power. Seems fine now. On our way to Flaming Gorge. Trying to post pictures, but all updates are with a smart phone and spotty coverage.

Posts: 43 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Member Since: 01-05-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Rocky mountain National Park

Having fun on the mountains

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/10
Picture of kokoken
posted Hide Post
Pictures are great !!!! Keep 'em coming.

1979 24 footer

Posts: 65 | Location: Indiana | Member Since: 07-28-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Spectacular scenery, that's got to be a great view threw that big window.

Posts: 259 | Location: SouthWest MI | Member Since: 08-12-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

On the way to Flaming Gorge. Beautiful drive from the South.

posted Hide Post

Should have stayed here for the night at Flaming Gorge.

posted Hide Post
I think I could have stayed there forever! Beautiful trip, where you guys at now?

posted Hide Post
We made it to Yellowstone, Awesome! But not without problems. W replaced the alternator and thermostat in Jackson, WY. Went almost three days without brake Mithra and turn signals before I could trace the short. Now we are art a farm in Northern Wyoming on our way to the Badlands. Pictures to come. I think one it my favorite things is all the compliments we get door Miss B. Love taking the more scenic roads. Yellowstone Northeast entrance then the chief Joseph scenic highway is beautiful.

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
sounds like you're having a blast! You have found a few mechanical demons but you seem to be getting through them well.

The early GM alternators are pretty unreliable. I keep a spare one in the coach.

You and your family will have some wonderful memories of this trip! Hopefully more to come!

Thanks for sharing your trip. Cool

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We made to mount Rushmore. Beautiful. The KOA was awesome. So much for our girls to do. Let's face it, i'm a big kid too. We are now in des Moines at a water park hotel. Home tomorrow. Best road trip ever.

posted Hide Post
I think one of the best parts of the trip is driving a35 year old Barth and all the fans you make on the way.