Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

going west
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Charlie and Angi
posted
We are finally ready for our first big trip. Rocky mountains national park to flaming gorge to Yellowstone to the badlands. Hopefully we see other Barthers. Wish us luck.

Posts: 43 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Member Since: 01-05-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
If you take I-80 might check out Saratoga WY (Hobo Hot Springs) and for sure Thermopolis WY (Hot Springs State Park = free swimming in 104F) and a 50 cent ice cream cone at Little America WY. Beautiful right now, almost a little cool. Happy Trails!

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
If you can drop down into the Tetons for the day when you are in Yellowstone, great views from the main lodge.

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of dustyjeeper
posted Hide Post
Looks like a nice trip. Let me know when your in Estes Park. Tooling Along

1978 Barth 17' Cabin Fever
1997 Barth 23' 4 door Command Center

Posts: 505 | Location: LaSalle CO | Member Since: 12-05-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Almost through Kansas. we are one day ahead of schedule. Hopefully we find a good campground with full amenities after two nights in fad station parking lots. We should be north of Denver by lunch.

Posts: 43 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Member Since: 01-05-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Glenwood Springs CO = hot bath
Do not miss Arches Natl Park in Moab UT

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update.
Yes, a year ago, I was thrilled at Arches and also at Bryce Canyon. They tell me I shouldn't have passed up Canyonlands.
At Arches, I parked in the large lot by the visitor's center, took the MINI off the trailer and drove around the park to take pictures.
At Bryce they had shuttle buses. So, I left the Barth and trailer in a big lot and enjoyed the convenience of the shuttles.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Science project for the kids: get a bag of Tater Chips (do not open), watch it expand as you cross Vail Pass.

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charlie and Angi:
Almost through Kansas.
Looks like you've got some fans along the way!!!

awesome old Barth North Central Kansas

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We made it to Estes Park, but barely. Yikes.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of dustyjeeper
posted Hide Post
Cool. What are your plans?

1978 Barth 17' Cabin Fever
1997 Barth 23' 4 door Command Center

Posts: 505 | Location: LaSalle CO | Member Since: 12-05-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Amusement park (slides and m mini golf) then into rocky Mountain National Park. We havea path plans with reservations along the way.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/16
Picture of Kirk & Elise
posted Hide Post
Why "Yikes"? Everything okay?

1989 22' Regal

Posts: 183 | Location: Northwestern PA | Member Since: 06-14-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Guess where we are.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/16
Picture of Kirk & Elise
posted Hide Post
Ummm... not a park. I'd guess under a bridge... not sure why though. Confused

1989 22' Regal

Posts: 183 | Location: Northwestern PA | Member Since: 06-14-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post