Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Heading East
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Ed Sorry to have missed you at the MR GTG, Thanks for the free night in your spot, they wanted to put me in the sticks!

Save travels!!!

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2042 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
I guess this post should be labeled heading West!

I mam back home on the Left Coast now! Got here on Saturday. Over 7000 miles this trip, had many micro GTGs visited many friend s I haven't seen for a year or more. Was a great time recharging my batteries!

I averaged 10.87 MPG for the entire trip! Not bad. I had several legs over 11 MPG, flat and level no wind, and a few in the low 10s , hilly and with some head wind. used cruise control at 65 MPH anytime I could.

Barth ran well except had a few issues. The engine speed sensor connector for the Allison transmission failed and the transmission shifted very hard each gear. reworked the connector to get home and will replace now.

I need to rework the entire front end starting with the king pins, a job I should have done long ago. This will take time and is a BIG job.

The chassis/cabin hold down bolts made a huge difference, handling is better, over all feeling is much better driving BUT road NVH is quite a bit higher. I guess that is to be expected as the coupling between the chassis and the cabin is MUCH tighter.

Will try to get all done to make the Florida GTG, lots of work but should be doable!

Thanks to all that took time out of their busy schedule to meet with me along the way!

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2176 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Glad you made it home safe, but I know we are even gladder that Florida is still in your plans.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3476 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
Glad you were able to stop by, Ed. But WAY too short. Perhaps we will see you next year at Elkhart County Fairgrounds!

Lou

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Z:
Glad you made it home safe, but I know we are even gladder that Florida is still in your plans.

THANKS Danny:

I will try my best, have a lot to do before I head out for another 6000 mile trip. Hardest will be king pin replacement. After the small shop fire I had I can not find the replacement kit.Spartan will not have more until mid November. That will be cutting it close!

Yes Lou, way too short! Thanks for your time brief as it was.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2176 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love Bar Harbor spent 3 weeks this summer up there

Posts: 132 | Location: Ruskin flordia | Member Since: 08-06-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post