Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Heading East
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted
Finally on the road again! First stop in Denver area, saw Dustyjeeper for a short visit. So far everything is running well except that clunk from the front is still there????

At Colorado/Nebraska boarder now getting started again. Should be in Eastern Iowa by this evening. Duane I will call you later when I know how far I get today.

I am finally slowing down a bit and fuel mileage is up as expected. First leg was 10.1 MPG but that was over the High Sierras, Second leg was 11.34 from Wells NV to Laramie WY.

Cruise control at 65 MPH everywhere no heavy starts, just easy going. VERY ENJOYABLE, relaxing drive. More later,

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2176 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Ok ED have a great trip! Will see you soon, if I miss your call please leave a message. I have the nose disassembled in my driveway for new front brake lines and pads...rain is now delaying me...

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2041 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of dustyjeeper
posted Hide Post
Always nice to see you Ed. Hope your doing well. Tooling Along

1978 Barth 17' Cabin Fever
1997 Barth 23' 4 door Command Center

Posts: 505 | Location: LaSalle CO | Member Since: 12-05-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Well Ed stopped by this morning we had a great chat. He is continuing his easterly movement. Wish him well!

P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2041 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys! Great to see y'all, lets try not to let it go to long until we can meet again.

Heading north thru Wisconsin to Northern Michigan tomorrow, hint hint to Steve. Good running so far1

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2176 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Two more micro GTG on this trip. spent two days with Steve VW, had a couple of issues with my Breakaway and worked on those. Then and a couple of hours with Lou and Barb GREAT sloppyjoes and cup cakes.

Going on to Howell Michigan today to visit my brother, wanted to pick up some parts at Spartan but they were out of stock, no joy.

Will be going to St. Louis later this week.

Thanks again to all along the way!!

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
A visit with Barth friends is always a great time! Thumbs Up

Got a chance to spend some time with my Cummins expert. Found a few more things to work on and tweak. Mechanic

Glad you got to see Lou and Barb. More great folks.

Take care be safe, happy trails! Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5157 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
Ed, do you have a destination in St Louis?

Posts: 1066 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I should be headed to and or thru St. Louis. PM me your phone number and address or a good RV park near you.

I am trying to meet the great friends (Doctors) that got me the Stanford Bladder Cancer group info. Should be in the area Thursday night or Friday.

Would be great to have another micro GTG on my way to Mary Ray's birthday GTG

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

posted Hide Post
Had a great micro GTG with Tim (ccctimtation) he gave me a tour of the area North of St. Louis, sat in his boat for margarita and lots of talk.

Thanks Tim!

My 4th Barth member micro GTG!

A GTG with the Doctors in St Louis that got me an introduction to Stanford Bladder Cancer group Tomorrow.

Tuesday morning on down to Tom Sawyer RV park to wait on the Mary Ray GTG.

A few turd fairy strikes but so far all is well nothing to serious. Just ticked over 287,000 miles. Trying to make 300,000 by the end of this year, HaHa,

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Ed, I will be there a little after lunch Wednesday.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
I will not be at TS until 8pm Wednesday, at least a 12 hour drive for me. See ya'all!!!

P30 chassis
350 engine

posted Hide Post
Duane happy to see you will make it!

I will be there some time today, a bit early but will just relax for a day.

So far this trip 4 Micro GTG with Barthmoile members. Thanks guy and gals for your kind hospitality!

I have driven 3679 miles since leaving he left coast and have averaged 10.8 MPG! Best tank run 422 miles at 11.39 MPG. Lowest tank run 396 miles at 10.19 MPG.

One minor glitch with the engine speed sensor on the MD3060 bellhousinng causing the MD 3060 to shift erratically and HARD. Looks like it was the mating connector to the sensor, reset the pins and all has been good so far.

After the Mary Ray Birthday GTG I will go to New Orleans, Texas, Arizona, Nevada and back home. Been good to recharge my batteries! More later.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
Ed, when we are on the river overtaking another cruiser we often call for a "slow pass", this prevents upsetting cocktails due to crossing a large wake . It was great to have a "slow pass" visit and get to spend "guy" time covering a wide range of topics and bs.
Safe travels, Tim

Posts: 1066 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Went on to New Orleans and to NOLA for the wannaGOFAST event. It is good to watch rather than be the timing guy! Unfortunately they had a Nissan leave the track at around 215 MPH, he was the fifth car to run. It was a fatality and took a long time to investigate. The event was cancelled.

I left yesterday for Houston and had another micro GTG, with Tom. Great talk as usual and have parked at Tom's shop over night before heading up to Austin TX. THANKS TOM, see you on our way to Florida in December.

I will probably cut the rest of my travels short to address the small fire I had in my shop 2 days before I left on this trip.

All is good.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater