Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

San Antonio Tx
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Fred & Cindy
posted
Wife and I are headed to San Antonio Monday, 24 Dec for a week to see our son who is in the Air Force. Looking forward to a nice ride in the Regency.

Jax
1990 32' Regency, Cummins

1990 32' Regency, Wide Body
Spartan Chassis, 8.3 CTA Cummins
4 Speed Allison Trans
South Central Missouri

Posts: 356 | Location: Missouri | Member Since: 06-24-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Have a nice safe trip and thank your son for serving us and our country.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
If your son calls Fort Sam Houston he can get a reservation for you at their on base RV Park saving you money and giving you a great place to camp.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1513 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fred & Cindy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your kind responses. We are staying at the RV park on Lackland AB. I am retired Army.

Jax

4 Speed Allison Trans
South Central Missouri

Posts: 356 | Location: Missouri | Member Since: 06-24-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fred & Cindy
posted Hide Post
We made the 800 mile trip and arrive at San Antonio on Christmas day without incident. Weather is chilly in the morning but warms up nicely during the day. A lot of the other RV'ers stare at the Barth. One guy said he had not seen on in over 10 years... in Arizona.

Jax
1990 32' Regency, Cummins

4 Speed Allison Trans
South Central Missouri

Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Make sure you make a side trip to Ft Sam Houston and the old stone fort that is now Fourth Army HQ. Gerronamo was help captive in the clock tower in the center of the fort ,but watch out for the peacocks ,I think they are still mad at me for pulling a few tail feathers while on duty on the midnight shift.

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fred & Cindy
posted Hide Post
Well... we made it back to Missouri from San Antonio. The RV Park on Lackland Air Base is decent, but there are only 30 full service pads. We had to stay four of the seven nights on a partial service pad... electric and water only. You are allowed to stay up to 30 days on a pad. The place was packed the whole time. Did not see the Alamo or the River Walk. We had done that many times before on previous visits. It was a bit cooler and more rainy than normal too. The accelerator cable broke and I operated the coach by cruise control on the dash for nearly 600 miles. Should of stopped to get it fixed but it was New Years Day and no one was open. What an experiece!! Had it fixed when we got back to Missouri.

4 Speed Allison Trans
South Central Missouri

Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
600 miles on cruise control, must have been some kind of wide awake driving. Glad you made it home safe. Thumbs Up

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post