Tools
Reply To This Topic

At Ft Wilderness Loop 300
 Login now/Join our community

FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted
Cheri and I packed up for 8 days at Ft Wilderness. We are at site 316 in the 300 loop (our favorite). Don't know if Disney is slipping a little, but we waited a ridiculous amount of time to check in at the gate and when we got to our site a Class C would struggle to get in due to a Cyprus tree right on the corner. We played games for two hours getting a suitable site.

Then we tried to get on the advertised wireless internet at all premium sites. Although the main propaganda and advertising center (known as Customer Service) says they have added free wireless, it's a lie. You must rent a cable modem, $10/day and $115 deposit on the modem.

Oh well, it's still the "Magic Kingdom" and we'll have loads of fun.

Suggestions for Disney:

1) Understand their sites and rate those that will accommodate big rigs. One perfect site for our rig was filled with a tiny class C, but they expected me to back my 43' into a space that the tiny Class C would need to focus getting into.
2)Get their act together on what they advertise
3) Don't answer every customer call with 2 minutes of canned "Welcome to blah, blah blah, have a magical day". When you're on your fifth transfer it gets a little old and irritating.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post