Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Travel to Ferndale WA
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted
Well if I finish the furnace repair and get the computer installed this weekend, we will be headed to Ferndale WA on or abouts the 7 of April. Will be taking a leisurely drive up the coast and making a few stops.

Will also be spending a bout 5-7 days in Vancouver but without the coach, it will stay in Ferndale. We will start back to the home base about April 24.

If any along the way would like to meet, let me know and we will swing by if we can.

Thanks

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Would like to see your coach. We live in Renton but also have a small cotage in Birch Bay which is about 10 to 12 miles north of Ferndale. We are currently working on our 92 Breakaway trying to rid it of years of neglect from previous owners. Hope you have a great trip.

Bruce Nalder
Renton, WA.
92-30'Breakaway

Posts: 30 | Location: Renton, Wa. USA | Member Since: 08-16-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our current plans are to head out to the PCNW April 17th along highway 101/1 North to Ferndale WA. Can/will make some diversions to meet other Barth owners if interested. We are planning to stay in the Ferndale area until April 24th and then head possibly into Canada to Calgary/Edmonton but that is still up in the air. We may be in Vancouver to visit relaties after the 24th for a bit and then head around.

If any Barth owners would like me to make contact, you may email me with your contact information or post here. Hope the weather clears a bit, been really miserable around here with sooo much rain.

Thanks,

Email:
ed@mwrench.com

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We are just finishing loading the Barth and will be en route in an hour! I will try to link up with those of you that have sent phone numbers and if other would like to meet, post here or send me an email. We should be connected to the internet while we are en route.

The Sun is FINALLY shining here and looks like a good start for us!

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

posted Hide Post
We are here in Vancouver. Many of our planned stop-overs didn't pan out. We went thru Seattle in the middle of the night and didn't get to stop at Olroy's as planned, also didn't get in touch with Bruce. We will try next time. So far been averaging 11.6 MPG and everything has been running well. After Seattle's ROUGH roads, there is a clunk in the right front at low speeds and I think I lost he brake pad retaining spring. Need to check before we head out again tomorrow. Have had beautiful weather so far wth only one day of rain. Lots of detours along the way.

We should back at the home base early next week

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

posted Hide Post
Glad to hear you had a good trip. I-5 between Tacoma and Seattle is pretty ruff.

There is a large Les Schwab store in Ferndale right off the freeway that could probably fix your brake if that is the problem.

Have a safe journey back.

Bruce Nalder
Renton, WA.
92-30'Breakaway

Posts: 30 | Location: Renton, Wa. USA | Member Since: 08-16-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bruce:

I was also told about that store from a friend that lives in Ferndale. I haven't looked at it yet but if it is the spring, it isn't serious, just lets the pads rattle, they can't come out. When I bought the Barth, one was missing in the rear.

I might give you a call depending on our departure time from Vancouver and when we will be going thru Seattle. Wifey want me to take a break and stop at Boeing for a tour, so if that happens, we would be at the Wal-Mart in Everett this evening. (near the junction of 405 and 5)

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater