Forums    Barth Journeys    Anyone live full-time in their Barth?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Anyone live full-time in their Barth?
 Login now/Join our community

posted
I work remotely so once everything is up and running I intend to hit the highway while having a roommate look after my house. Anyone else live fully aboard the RV all year? I have always dreamed of traveling in an RV or a boat full time.

Posts: 42 | Location: St. Charles, IL | Member Since: 04-27-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/16
Picture of Quinn
posted Hide Post
Not yet, but hopefully my family and I will be next year.

89 28' Regal
Quad Bunks
P-30 454
8906-3623-28C-B

Posts: 235 | Location: San Leandro, California | Member Since: 08-06-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/11
Picture of TJ
posted Hide Post
We lived in our 28' for a year and a half. Decided last April we were stayng here a while so we got a 5'er to live in so we could use the Barth again for some traveling.

Tom & Jillene

1988 Regal
28' Chevy 454
8805-3538-28C-B3

Posts: 190 | Location: Crystal River, FL | Member Since: 08-16-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
We did for 3 1/2 yrs.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did you use laundromats ... RV parks? Boondock? ... Did you find you spent a lot of money or less than you expected?

Posts: 42 | Location: St. Charles, IL | Member Since: 04-27-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MattR:
Did you use laundromats ... RV parks? Boondock? ... Did you find you spent a lot of money or less than you expected?

Yes, we definitely used laundromats or pay machines.

Ours was boondocking on our own land while our house was being built and all its papers were being shuffled, and I was doing a lot of the lesser jobs. Hired framer, roofer, etc etc.

We found ourselves spending more on restaurant food, since our Barth has limited cooking facilities, and a nice meal out is a luxury that is appreciated more when . We erected the barn and dug the septic first and had our clothes, fridge, etc inside. We also had running water from the well, even though it took a 240V generator.

As far as whether we spent more or less than we expected, we are long-time boondockers, so our spending is usually predictable.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jace The Ace
posted Hide Post
My wife and I just purchased 10 acres of land in Montana in the summer and was having a difficult time with building permits and hiring contractors that would be able to complete the construction of a pole barn garage with a loft apartment above it to live in while the main house was being built. But we needed a temporary place to live while the garage was being built first. We thought about an airstream but luckly found a Barth instead. Summers are short here in Montana and if you don't get all of the exterior work finished before the first snowfall, you will be waiting long time for the snow to melt. Just when we were about to make the move, we found a deal that we could not pass up on a house closer to town and did not have to live full time in a Barth. It might have been the best thing for us because we have had several weeks of negitive degree weather with lots of snow this year. We will do several weeks in it this summer when the weather is more cozy!!!

Posts: 9 | Location: Montana | Member Since: 10-14-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 01/08
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
I use ours for living in while away at work. I did this for 11 years in our 35 Regency and now the last 3 years in the Monarch. We still have our home in south central Florida which I commute to every couple of weeks. The Barth is very comfortable and it's nice to sleep on my own sheets instead of a hotels. We still use it to go to the races, GTG's and for vacations and find that if I take it out for a run every few weeks everything mechanically stays in good shape.

It's worked out very well for us.

Ed.

Posts: 357 | Location: Ortona- Turkey Creek Florida | Member Since: 10-04-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/11
Picture of TJ
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MattR:

We stayed in RV parks and used the campground laundry facilities while living in the Barth. We bought stack-able units for the new 5'er.

Our expenses at the onset were on par with what we expected. They have dropped considerably since I have started workcamping.

Tom & Jillene

1988 Regal
28' Chevy 454
8805-3538-28C-B3

Posts: 190 | Location: Crystal River, FL | Member Since: 08-16-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ryegal
posted Hide Post
I have for the last 4 yrs. In my 21 ft. class C I love it !!

Proud owner of a 1975 classic class C

Posts: 94 | Location: Seattle,wa,usa | Member Since: 12-31-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post