Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Florida in late March early April
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted
Jane and I will be going to TX to work The Texas Mile last weekend in March and from there we are going to Ft Lauderdale to catch a cruise ship for 10 days. After that we will be going down the Keys and then back up to other South Eastern States until the End of April when we have to be at Ft. Stockton TX.

Our question is this, is there anywhere near the Ft. Lauderdale harbor where we can safely store the Barth for 10 days while on the ship?? Open to all suggestions, tips. As the dates get closer we will post our itinerary and if we can connect up with other Barth people that would be great. On the way from Golied Tx. to Ft. Lauderdale we will make a mad dash as we have to cover 1330 miles in 2 1/2 days. After the cruise, we will take our time.

Thanks

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2176 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/10
Picture of sky
posted Hide Post
Ed, I have parked at FLL harbor several times over the years, but just in a truck. Call the Port Authority there and ask, most ports have good parking and some that I know have some for MH's. Good Luck Ray and Anne (sky)

1990 Barth Regency
32RDGB1 Wide Body
3208 Cat 250 HP
Gillig Chassis
Center aisle

Posts: 454 | Location: Murphy, NC | Member Since: 03-01-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
quote:
Our question is this, is there anywhere near the Ft. Lauderdale harbor where we can safely store the Barth for 10 days while on the ship?? Open to all suggestions, tips. As the dates get closer we will post our itinerary and if we can connect up with other Barth people that would be great.

Ed,

Unfortunately we're on the other Fl coast, but you're welcome to leave her here is you wanted to rent a car over and back. Even if that doesn't work out, please try to come visit on your way through in either direction. We're in Spring Hill, just north of Tampa. If you look on a map, Route 19 runs right up the coast and we're just off that.

Just like NH, you would be our first Barth visitor here, how cool is that?!

Corey and Cheri

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Just like NH, you would be our first Barth visitor here, how cool is that?!

Corey and Cheri

Yup that would be cool and we have it in our master travel plan.

We are checking with the FLL harbor people now and should probably be able to find somewhere for 12 day safe/'secure storage.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2176 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
When we went out of Lauderdale we stayed the night before and the night after at Days Inn and parked there and rode a bus to and from the ship. Probably not practical for you but the Lauderdale harbor area is huge so I would think they can accomodate you. I checked the ships sailing at that time and we haven't been on any of them, but we've been to most of the islands they visit. Which cruise are you taking?
Of course, if you come up the left coast we'd be glad to see you.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3476 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Once we are off the cruise, we will be taking our time up the coast of FL and will try to at least have a brief stop at Barth owners places, would like to see as many as we can because we don't often have good excuses to get to the FL area or participate in East Coast area GTGs.

Will have a better idea of our itinerary in late Feb.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater