Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Barth rally around the upper peninsula
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Don Scalzo
posted
Linda just sent our checks in for the Inky rally as well as the trip around Michigan's upper peninsula. We will be leaving early in September, and would appreciate any suggestions to enhance our trip from Apollo Beach, FL to or from the rally. Sounds like an interesting rally, and hope we are joinrd by many.

Posts: 196 | Location: Apollo Beach, Fl. USA | Member Since: 10-05-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
Hi Don,
About my favorite place on the face of this earth is Copper Harbour.
Buy some fresh whitefish or lake trout fillets for the grill at the fish store down at the shore. Take a sunset boat cruise on Lake Superior or if your really adventurous the boat to Isle Royale for a hiking/camping adventure. Or just a drive up to the lookout for the most breathtaking views is wonderful!
The freshest, cleanest air south of James Bay is found here. After all, your surrounded on 3 sides by hundreds of square miles of the worlds largest fresh water lake!
September will be great too, no bugs!
Have fun.
Don
quote:
Originally posted by Don Scalzo:
Linda just sent our checks in for the Inky rally as well as the trip around Michigan's upper peninsula. We will be leaving early in September, and would appreciate any suggestions to enhance our trip from Apollo Beach, FL to or from the rally. Sounds like an interesting rally, and hope we are joinrd by many.

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
That sounds like a wonderful trip. We don't often hear about Barth Rangers activities here on Barthmoobile. Please post the particulars for everyones info.

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agree with Dave, Please post some more info. We are new Barth owners, live in Ohio and have a place in the UP of Michigan. Would love to get more info on the rally. Its beautiful county up there especially in the fall (my favorite time)
If you have time take the Pictured Rocks Cruise out of Munising, Michigan. It is just gorgeous especially in the fall.

Posts: 10 | Location: Riga,Michigan USA | Member Since: 01-31-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
....Anyone who travels the U.P. and passes through The Soo will miss a great northwoods experience if they don't stop at Antlers for a meal....

...THERE. I've said it for the last time - I'll never mention it again, I swear!

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Don Scalzo
posted Hide Post
We never made it to the Inky rally, as we got fouled up on the Joe Brown Highway from Murphy< N.C.. We spent the whole day going 30 miles. The road turns into dirt logging trails. Linda drove on roads where I wouldn't look out the windows.
We are now in Michigan at our second campground. At our first stop we toured the Sparton chassis plant. We are having a great time!! I don't know what the fuel cost will be but parking in the drivewaay makes no sense. The other Barth Rangers are great folks and a pleasure to travel with.

Posts: 196 | Location: Apollo Beach, Fl. USA | Member Since: 10-05-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don,

Fun road. Been there - done that, but not in a motorhome.

Dennis

Posts: 42 | Location: Loudon, TN, United States | Member Since: 12-23-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Don Scalzo
posted Hide Post
We are about half way through our adventure,
ate at antlers, enjoyed, and still having a great time! I sure hope fuel doesn't go to $5.00.