Tools
Reply To This Topic

Myakka River State Park
 Login now/Join our community

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted
We're going up to Myakka tomorrow just for the night. Got a site next to Lenny and Judy in the new campground. They're up for a few days. Anybody in the area is welcome to stop by and say hi.
http://www.myakkariver.org/index.php

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3476 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Had a nice afternoon - evening - morning visit at Myakka with Lenny and Judy. The new campgrounds are really state of the art for a State Park. Lenny had a nice pull-through.

I got moved to a back-in because of water, but it was nicer than our original site anyways.

The view this morning from our door.

Here's how nice the sites are.

Havin fun.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3476 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of dustyjeeper
posted Hide Post
Nice deer in the campground and bling on the dog. Cool

1978 Barth 17' Cabin Fever
1997 Barth 23' 4 door Command Center

Posts: 505 | Location: LaSalle CO | Member Since: 12-05-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Nice looking park/sites! My Barth is comfortable in the side yard. We drove it to a reunion a few weeks ago but I forgot to take pictures.

I'm finally catching up on my list of "must do" and nearly to the list of "should do" projects. (as usual, a few new ones cropped up..Kwikee steps quit the other day..probably another ground issue.)

I replaced the fuel pump relay recently, also one of the flexible engine oil cooler lines developed a bulge and started to leak so I replaced them both. (These were both on the "should do" list but the bulge made it a "must do!")

I will be doing my driveshaft joints and bearings soon, also inspect differential gears/bearings. I will have pics to share that fun.

I have one windshield (pass side) and gasket strip, still chasing the driver side. Probably won't get to painting for a while, though.

Looking forward to meeting more Barthers (any members are welcome any time you're in Michigan!)

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5159 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Steve, when I blew an oil line I had Morehose make up stainless braided hydraulic lines for replacement. Should last a while. My buddy called last week and asked what I was doing. "Working on the coach". "I thought you were done with that". WHAT???!! You're never done! ROTFLMAO

79 Barth Classic

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
You are so right, never done. Best way to learn how the coach systems work, forces you to look around (for more work!) every so often. My "must do" list is down to a few leftover items, to be done before any long trips. A couple more items to check on the brakes, the driveline rebuild, and new power steering/hydroboost flex lines. Then I can get to the cosmetic stuff for even more fun!

I saw a classic post in the site archives. Showed a picture of two legs sticking out from under the coach, "Another day with the Barth" Another picture had four legs sticking out entitled "Barth GTG"

Stainless steel lines should be forever! I just used some 500 psi hydraulic hose I got locally. My oil pressure is rarely over 80 psi anyway.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5159 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post