Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

West Branch State Park near Ravenna, Ohio
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted
Close to my home we spent five days at West Branch State Park. A quiet park that was Booked for the weekend. We could not get a pull thru with Sewer and water. We had a private site with electric. Just nice to get away.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Looks nice, good to just get out in the country once in awhile, even close to home!!

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2055 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
You've been working hard lately. Good to get away. Everyone should be so fortunate to have a getaway place.

Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is a note to members wanting to try West Branch State Park. Computer Fill you water tank before head bang you come or you will have to go to the fresh water station located with the dump station. head bang The water fountain stations in the park do NOT Thumbs Down have garden hose hookups. Thumbs Down
Of course you can stay at a full service site, when a full service campsite is available.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of billyt53
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin:
Here is a note to members wanting to try West Branch State Park. Computer Fill you water tank before head bang you come or you will have to go to the fresh water station located with the dump station. head bang The water fountain stations in the park do NOT Thumbs Down have garden hose hookups. Thumbs Down
Of course you can stay at a full service site, when a full service campsite is available.

Water and fuel tanks are always full! You never know when you will have to jet with short notice. Carry a water thief faucet adapter so that you can get water from those slick outlet faucets.

Billy & Helen Thibodeaux

Retired from Billy Thibodeaux's Premiere RV, Inc. Scott, LA 70583 I-10 Exit 97
The Farm is near Duson, LA I-10 Exit 92 then N 1 mile on right
Three Full 50 Amp RV Hookups !
billynhelen@me.com
Data Tag: 9404-3908-36XI-2C
1994 Sovereign 36' Widebody on Spartan IC (Mountain Master Lite) Chassis.
Powered by Cummins ISL9-450
Onan 8,000 Quiet Diesel Genset
Toad: 2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2 Diesel with M&G Car Brake

Posts: 375 | Location: 1mile north of I-10 Exit 92, Duson, LA USA in The Heart of CAJUN COUNRTY ! ! ! | Member Since: 05-14-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billyt53:
Water and fuel tanks are always full! You never know when you will have to jet with short notice. Carry a water thief faucet adapter so that you can get water from those slick outlet faucets.

I was not filling my fuel tank with 1200 pounds of diesel, 120 pounds of propane, and 640 pounds of water to drive 30 miles to a campsite. I did suspect there was some kind of rubber adaptor to get water into my tank from the pesky little fountains. The valves only stay on for about 30 seconds to a minute. Water runs slowly at the fountains. I got my freshwater filled near the dump station. I was traveling light, almost a ton lighter than when I leave for a longer trip.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
Kevin, 1200 lbs of diesel??, you have 172 gallon diesel fuel tank?? That is a BIG tank!!

Diesel weighs 6.93 lb gallon!

When I leave, I always have full fuel 60 gallons, fuel propane (mine is 44 gallons, 38 full) and full water, empty gray and black tanks. Once out I don't want to be short on resources because I never know how long I am out for or where I can refill if needed.

I keep my diesel tank full at all time when parked at my place to reduce condensation in the tank!

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MWrench:
Kevin, 1200 lbs of diesel??, you have 172 gallon diesel fuel tank?? That is a BIG tank!! Diesel weighs 6.93 lb gallon!

Thanks for the update Ed. Salute My tank is 150 gallons or approximately 1050 pounds full. My hard drive was spinning off center and I used the weight of water. Water is over 8 pounds per gallon. Diesel is under 7 pounds per gallon. hmm
I do usually fill everything when I travel farther away. For this short trip I did not see the need. I went just over 30 miles to one of the nicest State Parks in Ohio.

Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks for the update Ed. My tank is 150 gallons or approximately 1050 pounds full. My hard drive was spinning off center and I used the weight of water. Water is over 8 pounds per gallon. Diesel is under 7 pounds per gallon.

Ha Ha Kevin, water is 7.8 pounds per gallon I found that out at a BP station while looking for photo's. D'oh

P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2055 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duane88:
quote:
Thanks for the update Ed. My tank is 150 gallons or approximately 1050 pounds full. My hard drive was spinning off center and I used the weight of water. Water is over 8 pounds per gallon. Diesel is under 7 pounds per gallon.

Ha Ha Kevin, water is 7.8 pounds per gallon I found that out at a BP station while looking for photo's. D'oh

http://changingears.com/rv-sec..._unit=e&w=1&w_unit=e

Posts: 1068 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok, would rather believe my fellow Barth members than the information found on this page. Thanks guys

Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Geez my error,,,all please accept my humble apologies! Old age has crept up on me!! I am from Iowa and I like margaritas, maybe it is ice that is 7.8# per gallon.

P30 chassis
350 engine

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duane88:
Geez my error,,,all please accept my humble apologies! Old age has crept up on me!! I am from Iowa and I like margaritas, maybe it is ice that is 7.8# per gallon.
It is OK by me Duane. cheers Just for fun, gold is about 160 pounds per gallon from my latest check with Computer Google.
Way off topic. Try West Branch State Park, Tooling Along next time you visit Ohio. Salute West Branch Staff is presently the nicest I have met so far. cheers