Tools
Reply To This Topic

Lake Manatee State Park, Dec.9-10-11
 Login now/Join our community

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted
Just a heads-up to our Southwest Fla. friends that Suzy and I will be at the Lake on these dates, site 15. Hope to see Don and Linda and maybe some new folks there.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Nothing new here so I thought I'd bring this up again in case anyone will be in this area. Fished the lake yesterday and got about a dozen nice crappies, [specs]. Everything looks great around the area, and this is a nice campground, with widely seperated spaces with easy access. True Florida State Park camping.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Yeah, very nice place. We used to visit there when with family in Ellenton. We were married at Christian Retreat outside Bradenton. Maybe you can post a picture or two of the park..

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
billh, I'll take a bunch of pix and if someone can get me through the process I'll post some. To avoid thread drift I've started a new thread in the misc.and other stuff forum regarding posting pix. Any help in simple language would be appreciated.

79 Barth Classic

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/12
posted Hide Post
I have a week to spend in the first part of March.Is the fishing good there? Do they rent boats? Do you fish from the dock? Is it a fun place to be?

Posts: 15 | Location: New Philadelphia, Ohio 44663 | Member Since: 10-07-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
I would check out Hillsborough River State park. The Lake doesn't rent boats or canoes, and fishing is very dependent on knowledge. The River rents canoes, and the fishing is fair. I got a 6+ pound bass last time there. The biking and hiking are beautiful, and they have a HUGE pool, along with being a short drive to Busch Gardens and Tampa-St. Pete. Not to put the Lake down, but it's pretty rustic and perhaps not so enjoyable without a boat.

79 Barth Classic