Forums    Barth Journeys    Lake Manatee again.
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Lake Manatee again.
 Login now/Join our community

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted
Suzy and I are heading up to the lake this weekend, [29,30,and 1st], in case Don or anyone wants to stop by. De Soto Speedway is just down the road and Saturday night is their big Holiday night of racing and fireworks. We'll be in site 16, as usual.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Don Scalzo
posted Hide Post
Linda is off with her daughtrr & grandaugter this weekend, probably at Hillsborogh, that's her favorite. You should stop by Simmonds in Ruskin & give it a look, I think you would like it. aaWe like the eastern portion.

Posts: 196 | Location: Apollo Beach, Fl. USA | Member Since: 10-05-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
We'd have done the river too if it wasn't for the racin' at DeSoto Speedway. We saw a HUGE Gator just around the bend from the wall a few weeks ago. Hope your feeling OK and maybe we can get together at Simmons in Late july or August. Keep in touch.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
We had a nice quiet weekend up at the lake. We expected a pretty good crowd but the place was nearly empty. Must be because the lake is way down,[the posts marking the swimming area are dry land]. Here's a pic of our campsite, with the lake in the background.

79 Barth Classic

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
Danny
This pic of your Euro jogged my memory. We drove to Florida last Feb. and in no hurry passed thru a little town on Rte. 41 near the Georgia border called Jasper Fl. Parked beside an old service station was a shorty Barth Euro. Believe it or not it was converted to a mobile hotdog & burger stand!! It was no longer in use and looked pretty decepit.
If you get up that way maybe it could be had as a parts source?
I thought I took a pic but haven't been able to find it in our camera.
Happy independence Day.
Don

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post