Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Florida 22-23
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Good luck, ole Bean have a safe and trouble-free trip.

Yes, the weather is not very desirable here either, just got my energy bill Gas and electricity are higher per unit than last year, and it was like double then, so Florida sounds like a good thing!

Gasoline was below $3 a low of $2.84 a gallon for a few days, back too $3.10.

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2056 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Don't be drafting any of that cold down here. Since the hurricane our weather has been just about perfect. 65 at night and 78 day. We have been bothered by some red tide, but if you pay attention you can find a clean beach most days. I'm sure it has to do with the runoff from the storm. I'm working most days, trying to get people's houses back together, but usually just to noon or so. We're looking forward to seeing you guys again. No Navigator yet, but they continue to post on FB and still sound hopeful I'll bet their re-opening will be a big bash!

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Well, I left the north seeking sun and warmth. Yesterday it was 28 degrees and overcast. Drove 12 hours to Chattanooga, never saw the sun. 30's all the way to northern Tennessee. Left this morning at 730 in drizzle and 52 degrees. No sunshine until Sarasota area. 9 1/2 hours today. 1450 miles and no sun.... head bang
Arrived at Oakhaven, sunny and 75 degrees. So nice to be back! Thumbs Up

The Barth was waiting, all set to go. Life is good.

Highest price for gas 3.49 was at home yesterday (diesel was 5.18) Along the way we saw 2.56 and 2.59 in Ohio and S Georgia. (Diesel lows were 4.24 to 4.89) Everywhere we went was cheaper than Michigan. head bang

The old Prius ran perfectly. It rolled over 200,000 miles on the way down. We drove 1500 miles, 80 mph most of the way. Used less than half quart of oil. Averaged 42 mpg for the trip, a bit lower than usual. It is and has been a great little car.

Have Barth, will stay the winter! Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5181 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Welcome back. How's cleanup going over your way? We're pretty good right here but other areas are still a mess. The big black trucks have hauled a lot of stuff, but there's still a lot to go. Get settled in and we'll get together for a cold drink.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
The park is pretty tidy and the roadsides are cleared out. Almost all of the derelict sites are cleared. There are still trees to be trimmed and leaning fences to set upright but lots of progress.
We will try to get over your way soon. Thumbs Up

Sunshine and 75 today. Life is good.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5181 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
It has been a good winter. February was 2nd warmest on record. March was 6th warmest on record. Lots of red tide in the Gulf so we only went to the beach a few times. We saw Danny and Suzy a couple times. Richard and Nancy Muise stayed here at Oakhaven this winter, they left last week. We have had two weeks of 90 degrees, time to go north!

I installed a new air dryer a while back and my air system is up and ready.

https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...1087061/m/2113900897

Found a bad connection in the steering column harness and got my brake lights working fine again. A few other minor projects but nothing major this winter.

Had a nice Easter dinner with our park neighbors on Sunday, many of them are also getting ready to head north. Got most stuff put away, checked tires, etc and we are almost ready to head north on Wednesday. We will be heading to Georgia to visit Cagles near Augusta for a few days, then on north.

Kalkaska will have 60's and 70's this coming week, but forecasting 30's and snow when we arrive! Can't win! head bang

Have Barth, will travel, soon! Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Looking at the weather for today I wouldn't blame you for putting off travel for another day. Strong winds and a massive storm coming up off the gulf might make for a white knuckle trip. If you do take off, be careful and have a safe trip. Let us all know when you get to Michigan.

79 Barth Classic

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Well that's what I get for announcing my plans. As of yesterday morning the weather guys said no rain until late afternoon today, so we made plans to leave this morning around 10. Liz booked our site and by dinner time the weather guys said, oh by the way, rain in the morning... (the turd fairies always seem to find out) head bang

We left at 8AM, light drizzling rain. Made it to north of Tampa and the rain quit. Winds were not too bad but by 10AM became fairly gusty crosswinds. Kicked us around pretty good but we've seen much worse.

As usual, there were two lanes of semis all going slightly different speeds. Some 66, some 68, some 70. Passing at 2mph, tying up two lanes for miles. All I ever want is a steady ride in the right lane at some constant speed anywhere from 65 to 70. Nope. Between varying speeds and crosswinds it was more work than it should be but, oh well.

Following the Cagle/Johns rule of 300 miles or 3 o'clock, we ran 315 miles to Exit 5 in Georgia. Arrived at Eagle's Roost park about 1PM. Diesel at the exit was $3.99 so it was handy to fill up and save another stop later. Cheapest we saw so far was $3.88. Much better than the over $5.00 we saw last fall! The Barth ran perfectly after sitting since October. I start it about once a month but otherwise just checked tires and packed everything in it and took off.

75 and cool here. Tomorrow we head for UBRVRAPE to see Nick and Donna!

Have Barth, traveling Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve VW:

75 and cool here. Tomorrow we head for UBRVRAPE to see Nick and Donna!

we're waiting

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
We drove about 250 miles in the rain to UBRVRAPE to visit Nick and Donna, arrived around 3PM. Tom and Nancy were already here so we have a chance to spend some great time with our good Barth friends. We have always enjoyed their company, for years now.

I decided it was time to update my avatar showing the VW and coach at Oakhaven, since the VW is long gone. Frowner The new one is actually me in the driveway at UBRVRAPE! Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Always makes me a bit jealous, when Barth folks meet up!! Am sure you guys will have the good time you deserve!!

Enjoy!!! I still owe Tom some wine from the Iowa-Kentucky games!!

P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2056 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Duane I believe Tom will be at the Minnesnowta GTG so it would be a good time to pay up and visit with all out Barth friends!

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Dana, you know if there is anyway for me to get up there, will be there with Barth ON!!!!

P30 chassis
350 engine

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Said goodbyes to Cagles and Johns and left UBRVRAPE around 9. We had a great time there, as always. Smooth ride to and around Atlanta, being Sunday, but some congestion for no reason around Chattanooga. A few more miles to the Sweetwater, TN KOA. No problems at all with the coach. Thumbs Up

304 miles today, pulled in just before 3PM. Just in time for Cagle/Johns rule #1. 65 and sunny here, calling for 45 tonight. Kalkaska has had 80+ degrees the last 5 days but they are calling for snow and a high of 38 on Tuesday when we get home. This ain't Florida anymore, Dorothy! head bang

Planning 400 miles to Wapakeneta Ohio KOA tomorrow, then home on Tuesday.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Well, crap. Turd fairies strike again. Checked weather, high wind advisory all through TN, KY, and Ohio today. W/SW crosswinds 30-40mph all day. Advising high profile vehicles (me!) to avoid I75. Looks like we will stay put here today.

Kalkaska is calling for 1-3 inches of snow today and tonight. If we stall a day it should be gone. We rescheduled for tomorrow at Wapakeneta. We are not really in a hurry so it is mostly just a nuisance. Oh well. head bang

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp