Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Heading for Talladega
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 01/08
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted
Left for Dega yesterday. Stopping at Lake Talquin near Tallahassee for a week. Then off to the races for 5 days. Heading north after that to Indiana to meet our son and family who has been transferred with the Coast guard to Port Angeles in Washington State.
Just retired and am looking foreword to this new adventure. The Barth is running great and knowing Steve VW has the same coach means trouble shooting if needed is but a text away. Saw him in Florida this year on his way to the Keys. Maybe on our way back we can stop in Michigan and park the coaches side by side for a great photo.

Sitting by the Lake at our first stop and enjoying the Barth life.

Ed & Deb

Posts: 357 | Location: Ortona- Turkey Creek Florida | Member Since: 10-04-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I think retirement will suit you! (You will soon wonder why you waited so long.) ROTFLMAO
Now that you are on the road YOU can be the test driver and I will be the armchair coach. We had zero problems on our trip this winter, you should have the same. Liz has stripped almost all the wall paper and has rehung some as well. I have a few minor projects, new tile backsplash in bath and kitchen.

We are already planning a weekend in early May in southern MI, then the GTG on Memorial Day. A run to the UP in early June and a few more weekend trips over the summer. I would also like to see the folks from Minnesnowta if they can't make the May GTG.

By all means visit here if you can! Summers are great here, lots to do and see.

enjoy your trip!

Have Barth, will travel Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5166 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
One of our contractors frequents Lake Talquin for crappy fishing. He really likes it there. Hope you guys have a great time at Dega, we are sorta planning the Fall race, depending on how things go between now and then.
Steve, I used the metallic rectangles from Lowes on a kitchen remodel. They were super easy to work with, cut with a scroll saw, self adhesive, but in a coach I'd probably use a little something more, and the bronze would look great in your coach.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3477 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
Danny
The fishing is great here for crappy, bass, brim and catfish. The park has a great laid back atmosphere and the folk who run it are great. I kept the Monarck here for two years when I was working in Tallahassee.

We are not going to use our Dega tickets next year if your interested. Great spot, Frontrunner Club 11. It's right on the fence at turn three..

Ed

Posts: 357 | Location: Ortona- Turkey Creek Florida | Member Since: 10-04-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Ed & Deb, your weather looks pretty bad today. Hope you're hunkered down somewhere safe. The weekend is looking great though. Hope you have a blast.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3477 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
Danny
Got to the track yesterday. Some rain and wind but all is good.

Ed

Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Just saw the revised schedule for today. Gonna be a loud one all day up there!

79 Barth Classic

Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
Danny
After two days of rain and cold the sun is out, the sky is blue, going to be warm and the beer is cold.

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Nice looking coach you have there. Too bad there aren't two there. cheers

Stubborn cold lows (30's) for the last week. Sunny and 50/60s so not too bad. Need to get back to working on my boat engine.

VW engine is almost finshed. Mechanic

Mary Ray GTG soon! Thumbs Up

Have Barth, will travel Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5166 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
Left Talladega on Monday and we are in Indiana for three weeks before heading to Port Angeles in Washington State helping our son and family relocate to a new CG base.

Barth is running great. Getting about 8 mpg towing the Silverado so life is good.

Sorry about the cancelled GTG but I am sure something else will come up

Ed & Deb