Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Michigan
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Sloop John B
posted
Just got back from a trip to Van Buren State Park just south of Soth Haven Michigan. This park is on Lake Michigan shore with clean washrooms hot showers and lot of trails for hiking on beach or woods. Quite now before the holidays. Close to South Haven with lighthouse,food,food and shopping, nice harbor with even a four masted , did I mention the food. Shermans Ice Cream on edge of town to the east has been in same location forever. The Barth did well for its first trip this season.. JKB 28' Regal 454

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
You're right on John.....South Haven MI is a great getaway spot. Next time, consider a visit to the Idler riverboat restaurant right at the docks in town...an old converted freighter that's full of ambiance & great food to boot!

Even closer to you is Warren Dunes State Park in Bridgman MI....a crown jewel in the state's park system....camping in the tree covered dunes on Lake MI with great facilities. St.Joseph, about 20 minutes north, offers great food, local wines, beautiful beach, in-town walking trails, boat/jet-ski rentals, etc.

The whole Sunset Coast area of southwest Michigan is a beautiful place......Sometimes, when I'm sitting in Washington DC traffic and it's 95 & muggy, I wonder why I ever left!

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Lee; We like the Idler too, but it was cold and the crowd was light at Clementines soooo. Warren Dunes can not be beat for family fun.. We take our kids from church camping and hiking the dunes for long weekends there. This is the first time for us in Paw Paw in 50+ years , still a nice lake. The Sun coast has way to many places to vist. JKB 28' 454 Smiler

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The town of Paw Paw or Paw Paw lake? Where do you stay there?

Posts: 136 | Location: IL | Member Since: 08-25-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
devolo; Maple Lake in Paw Paw, just for the day of antquie shopping. My uncle and aunt had a farm out side of town in the 40-50's we would stay on Bear Lake. By your registration it looks like you are up in Volo Illinois, I had an office in Palatine in the 80's and did a lot of work in Lake and Hchenry Counties . JKB 28' 454

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake