Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted
9/29-10/10: Peach State Star Gaze, Deerlick Astronomy Village, Sharon, GA

10/10-10/13: UBRVRAPE, Appling, GA

10/30-11/7: Nova Sedis Star Party, Chiefland, FL

11/14-11/22: Pick up another generator, drop at DAV, meet with Mr. Septic, then Nick's Good Sam GTG, Pine Mountain, GA

12/2-12/7: Hillsborough River State Park GTG

12/27/10-01/03/11: Deerlick Astronomy Village, maybe UBRVRAPE

3/2-3/6/11: Orange Blossom Special Star Party, Dade City, FL

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Suzie and I are planning on spending the night 10.27 at O'Leno. Hoped we could get together for a cold drink. Will you still be in the area?

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3477 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Yep, I'll be around then; I'll look forward to it.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
My better half wants to attend a medical seminar in Boulder Colorado in November. Does anyone have a recommendation for a big rig park nearby that we might try? We are not towing so it needs to be somewhere we can get a cab to the hotel for the meeting - It lasts two days.
Thanks in advance.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1513 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Golden Clear Creek RV Park (303) 278-1437,~$36/night

Front Range Luxury RV, (303) 325-7300, $80-100/night.

Golden Terrace Soouth RV Resort, (800) 638-6279, ~34/night.

None is closer than 15 miles, and these were taken from the Trailer Life Campground Navigator.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

posted Hide Post
Have you stayed at any of them?

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &

Posts: 1513 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Nope, not been west of KS and NE - threw these out as a starting point. There aren't many in that area.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of dustyjeeper
posted Hide Post
Hi Tom.
If you do not find an rv site to your liking......
We are located just south of LaSalle Colorado. 45 miles or 1 hour from Boulder. We have a free spot for fellow Barth owners with full hookups.

1978 Barth 17' Cabin Fever
1997 Barth 23' 4 door Command Center

Posts: 505 | Location: LaSalle CO | Member Since: 12-05-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Wife is considering how to do this, seems she has to be back in Houston on Monday and even in a Barth I can't fly. So she may fly while I "tinker" in the coach. I appreciate the offer and we will stay in touch.

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
More on Deerlick Astronomy Village

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke