Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Death Valley
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/14
Picture of Jerry Jelsing
posted
We recently got back from a Barth trip to Death Valley for my sons Wedding. Had a great time, stayed in the Furnace creek campground, and the wedding was at the Furnace creek Inn. If I did this right, there might be a couple of pics attached to this.
One of the things that might interest people is that while we were staying in Vegas at the Circus Circus KOA, I had 3 Australians come a knockin at my door. They were very interested in the Barth and had never seen one before. They wanted to know if it was for sale. They were looking for one to ship back to Australia. Apparently they had done this before, said they had shipped an Airstream motorhome back a few years ago. Seems to me they said it cost 10-12 thousand to ship it, and they spent about 30 converting it to right hand drive. Still thought it was a deal. Mine was too new for them though, and I was not interesting in selling anyway. They were looking for one 88 or older, to bypass the clean air issues, and it needed to be a standard body, not a wide body, and 32' or shorter. They were wanting to try a diesel pusher this time. Apparently they are worth considerably more than used ones are here. I told them about the Barth site, and they said they would be looking at it. Looked like they were traveling in a Motorhome touring the country. I was going to talk to them some more, but never got the chance.

The wedding site

The Wedding couple

The night before

Campfire, Whiskey, and Cigars.

Posts: 88 | Location: Green Valley AZ | Member Since: 10-31-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Wow, looks like a great place, great people and cigars too. Sounds like one to remember!!

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jerry Jelsing
posted Hide Post
This was our 2nd trip to Death Valley, and we want to go again. So much to see and do. Went to a place called the Race Track, this time, where large stones move across a dry lakebed by themselves. No one has actually seen them move.

Posts: 88 | Location: Green Valley AZ | Member Since: 10-31-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Death Valley,

With a name like that I'm not sure I'd like to go there. Are all those teapots left by people who went in and never went out?

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jerry Jelsing
posted Hide Post
The teakettle thing started over 100 years ago by an early explorer. It has continued over the years by the visitors to the area. It is about half way up the dirt road to the racetrack, and is a junction with a road in from the west. The road in, the shortest route, is about 30 miles on a very washboardy dirt road. You are glad when you finally get there. The racetrack is really quite an interesting place, and very undisturbed my man.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
If you ever went there in July or August you sure know how it got its name. You will not need a tea kettle, any water is already near boiling ...
Facinating place in the winter and beautiful in early spring.

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post