Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Jack traveling
 Login now/Join our community

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Man I can just smell it. You get up in the moring with the smell of the pine. Of course you slept like a log. At least I always do when we are out in the woods. Start the coffee. With your first step outside you just kind of survey the area. Jack, for that moment you "own" the forest.

I love it....

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Jack
posted Hide Post
My continuing travels on the Natchez Trace in Mississippi, and now Alabama. Tomorrow, the Nashville Tennessee area.

What was Zack thinking? -- In a dogs world – - Ah, a walk, my most favorite thing in all the world….Ah, a bridge, my most favorite thing in all the world. Ah, a pond, my most favorite thing in all the world. …. I wish everything was green…. Opps…. Never mind….
Be careful what you wish for

A stop along the Trace, A couple of relics. Indian Mounds, and a Barth
Barth at the Mounds

Here is my Barth at the birthplace – Museum - Chapel
Nice day to visit a Museum about Elvis

Had to stop in Tupelo Mississippi, and see the birthplace of the King – Elvis Presley. Seems like everything in town is named Elvis.
On a street corner in Tupelo MS

Here is Zack, he has no regard for the hallowed grounds that the King was born at.
So many trees, and so little time.

This is the Wal-Mart in Florence Alabama, that I’m boondocking in tonight. Notice the cell antennas. For the first time in quite a while, I have a full 1X digital connection.
This is where I am tonight

------------------
On the road.

89 Barth Regal 32
Runs like a Deere
New Hampshire

Posts: 369 | Location: North Troy, Vermont | Member Since: 08-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jack
posted Hide Post
I’m in a Passport America CG in Lebanon Tennessee tonight.

Skipped Nashville, as the traffic was all backed up, and it was hot.

I’m going to Pigeon Forge Tennessee tomorrow for a day or so.

I’ll be on Rt 40, and pretty much going by Harriman Tennessee, the home of bubbiebarth2. Are you in for a mini GTG?

------------------
On the road.

89 Barth Regal 32
Runs like a Deere
New Hampshire

Posts: 369 | Location: North Troy, Vermont | Member Since: 08-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/08
posted Hide Post
Shelby get out of hosp wed maybe!You can stop by and stay on the lake with us.Would be glad to have you.Give us a call.

[This message has been edited by bubbiebarth2 (edited July 13, 2004).]

Posts: 134 | Location: Harriman,Tn.U.S.A. | Member Since: 01-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jack
posted Hide Post
My trip has now changed direction, I was heading North East, now traveling due East.

At the Northern end of the 'Trace' is the place where M.Clark did his final discovery.
Merewether's last stand
Monument at Meriwether Clark grave site

The final leg north on the 'Trace' also took me over the twin arch bridge.
One of only two like it in the world

I was the only one in the parking lot, until another 'orphan' parked me in. Probably a CW star from Nashville that was jealous of my Barth at the bridge.
Plymouth Prowler

I stopped at a PA CG in Tennessee for the night, and at 9:00 PM on the button the fire siren went off for a long time. Wondering if it was the official 'last call' or something, I went out to see 'What sup' Well it was a tornado is in town tonight, duck and cover. I could not believe it, after almost a month in the 'red box' in Kansas, why now? In the morning, tree branches on both sides of Barth, and some leaves in the awning supports, but that is, and Zack was still with me, and not back in Kansas.
Lots of wind

I am now visiting as a guest at Jay and Shelby's compound in Tennessee, and it is just as nice as could ever imagined.

Here I'm parked on their side lawn overlooking the lake.
Parked on the lawn

This is the view of the lake from my Barth.
lake view with wonderful breeze

This are the Tennessee Valley Authority coal fired generation plant stacks on the other side of the lake, which was created by a dam that is used for hydro power ( ??? )
I don't understand the use for this

This is the view of the lake from the boathouse. (Only one boat can fit in here at a time).
A boathouse too

This is what a sunset can look like if you take the time to watch it, Jay and Shelby, the wonderful hosts that they are, arranged for this just for me.
Sunset in Tennessee

------------------
On the road.

89 Barth Regal 32
Runs like a Deere
New Hampshire

posted Hide Post
It was sad to see Jack & Zack hit the Road again the 15th,I could hear the road calling as they left and we wanted to go toooo!Thank Jack & Zack for stopped by.Enjoy the road for us tooo.Happy trails!

------------------
Jay&Shelby 95 Regency 34ft. 300 hp.

Posts: 134 | Location: Harriman,Tn.U.S.A. | Member Since: 01-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill Stevson
posted Hide Post
Hey Jack, I'm enjoying your trip. Hope you keep the reports coming. Your Tennessee Sunset photo is now my Windows background for a while.....happy trails

------------------

Bill & Diane
1973 25'
454 CID P-30 Chassis
German Shepard Dog

Posts: 113 | Location: Macks Creek, MO | Member Since: 11-02-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jack
posted Hide Post
I have moved quite a bit since the last post. From the Knoxville Tennessee area to Pigeon Forge for some shows and then over to Ashville NC to pick up the Blue Ridge Parkway above the low clearance tunnels. Did not really get any Verizon Internet coverage in the mountains, so way behind on that aspect. Not too many pictures on the BRP because it’s a two lane road with no shoulder and in most cases that ‘non shoulder’ drops off quite steeply, which makes for ‘up on the wheel’ driving. No time for shooting pics though the windshield. I then crossed onto Skyline drive, and did that, almost all in pea soup fog. I’m now in the Wilmington Delaware area for the night, and have a full speed Internet connection and hundreds of emails to peruse. I head for ‘South Jersey’ tomorrow, and then into New England, probably use 95 to Road Island, and up to Massachusetts to visit my sister and then home to New Hampshire. Over two months on the road. So far, I could not have had a better time.
I’ll post some pictures shortly.

------------------
On the road.

89 Barth Regal 32
Runs like a Deere
New Hampshire

posted Hide Post
What happen to Jack & Zack with the rest of the story,and more pictures?

------------------
Jay&Shelby 95 Regency 34ft. 300 hp.

Picture of Jack
posted Hide Post
When I got home, I have had so much to get done; I haven’t had the time to do much with the pictures and writing. I leave Tuesday for more travels, Central and Northern Vermont, then Canada then back to New Hampshire, then over to Coastal Maine for a Rally then a visit to Arcadia NP.
Planning and making the coach ready is what’s going on now. More on trips later.
Thanks for asking.

------------------
89 Barth Regal 32
Runs like a Deere
New Hampshire