Tools
Reply To This Topic

Collier-Seminole State Park-March
 Login now/Join our community

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted
Suzy and I, along with our SOB friends Jim and Patty, will be at C-S the weekend of March 20. Still a couple of sites available, but mostly smaller sites, as this is an older park. The utilities were upgraded last year so they should be fine. For big coaches check 116 and 117.
http://www.reserveamerica.com/camping/map_of_Collier_Se...ode=FL&parkId=281013
Just checked again, and 118 is the only one available rated at 55', but it says trees may restrict ability. Anyway, poke around and see what you can come up with.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 01/08
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
Danny:

That was me that took 117. Sent M&M an e-mail about the park and 118.

ED.

P.S. call me when you get to the show and I will meet you there.

Posts: 357 | Location: Ortona- Turkey Creek Florida | Member Since: 10-04-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Great! We should have a blast at Collier. Jim wants you to tow us out blindfolded into the mangroves and see who makes it back first.
Probably won't make it to the show till about10 or 10:30. PM me your phone # so I can call you when we get down to Lee.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I don't think I can make this one - I may have a conflicting event that weekend...

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
118 still available for up to 55'. Most of the rest still available are 30' and under. This isn't a formal GTG or anything, but we'll have a good time. Hope to see a couple more of you down there.

79 Barth Classic

Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Just a quick update, 118 is gone, and it looks like the park is about 2/3 full. Still some 30 foot sites, but I couldn't find anything larger, although I didn't check every site. The link to the campground is above.

79 Barth Classic

Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Last I heard Ed & Deb weren't making it to this one. 117 shows being reserved. Hope I'm wrong about Deb& Ed but wondering if this site was given up and re-reserved or is it available?

79 Barth Classic

Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Got back from our weekend getaway last night. Heavy traffic but a nice little trip overall. Two side topics will be posted elsewhere. One is a massive 5th wheeler rig, the other is an old dredge in the park that some of you might find interesting. Here's our site set-up.

79 Barth Classic