Tools
Reply To This Topic

Spring-Summer 2010 Trips
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted
4/12-4/19 - North East Astro-Imaging Conference (Suffern, NY): Local to US 301/A1A, I-95 at Yulee, FL; I-695 at Baltimore, US 30 at York, PA, US 222 at Lancaster, I-78 at Allentown,I-287 at Bedminster, NYST (I-87/287) at Suffern, local to Rockland Community College.

4/19-4/26 - From Suffern to Deerlick Astronomy Village. Reverse above to I-26 to I-20 to US 278 to Sharon, local to DAV.

5/10-5/19 - Barth Milford, IN GTG. CR 231 to Lake Butler; SR-100 to US 41 to I-10 to I-75. I-24 at Chattanooga, I-65 at Nashville, I-69 to Ft. Wayne. The US 33/US 6/US 38 to Goshen. Reverse to home.

5/27-6/1 - Barth 2nd Annual Ugly Betty RV Resort and Pet Emporium Memorial Day GTG, side trip 5/30(?) to Deerlick Astronomy Village (DAV) Spring Picnic.

6/2 - 6/5 Layover DAV/UBRVRAPE

6/7-6/10 - At Sun Coast Converters, Ft. Walton Beach, FL. (Buckeye on the Sky Star Party has been postponed, possibly cancelled for this year due to hosts' commitments).

~7/1-7/15 TBD, DAV (new structures are done) for gravel, perc tests, well, then to UBRVRAPE, for a atopoiver, thence to Buckeye on the Sky star party. Return via DAV.

8/1-8/18 TBD - Visit relatives in PA and S NJ, then to Barth NE GTG then Rockland Astronomy Club Star Party, Savoy, MA.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Originally, I'd expected to be home 6/3, but my building contractor for the first 2 structures at Deerlick wasted no time, so I took the side trip to Ft. Walton Beach for the trannys-plant, 2 days with the Cagles at Winfield COE park on Lake Strom Thurmond, now back to Deerlick; concrete pours tomorrow. Now I plan on return home Tues or Weds. Oddly enough, when the Buckeye Star Party was on, that would have been the return date.

Dogs' claws need clipping, they're overdue for baths, and Nick and Donna's grandaughter Mallory's grooming of Maggie and Casey has worn off...

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
quote:
first 2 structures at Deerlick wasted no time

OK, I'll bite...what's Deerlick?

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Deerlick Astronomy Village, near Raytown, GA, which is near Sharon, GA, which is near Crawfordville, GA, which is not really near anything. It's about 35 miles west of Nick Cagle.

I have 2A here, and have started on the first 2 structures, a 40'x60' Man Cave and a 16'x36' RV port.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

posted Hide Post
Went to the website, very cool place!

Which one is yours on the Master Plan?

Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by noble97monarch:
Which one is yours on the Master Plan?
Deerlick Astronomy Village in Sharon, Georgia

If you pause your pointer over the map, you'll see that Rusty has site #19

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you pause your pointer over the map, you'll see that Rusty has site #19

Strange, when I looked yesterday he wasn't there, but all the others opened up to show a pic of the owner(s).

Perhaps they are updating. Hope Rusty sends pics for us to see his new pad!!

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Currently back up at the observing field after the concrete was poured. I'm waiting now for it to dry enough to hit with the floats. I'll be back down there around 4 PM.

Got a few pix of the Pouring Ceremonies.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
The slabs are done, the forms off, and the contractor paid. On to home tomorrow... Tooling Along

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Picture of vince900ss
posted Hide Post
Beautiful place Rusty...and what a great idea! I live out in the country as you know, and love having a dark sky. But it seems that expecting it to stay that way is wishful thinking...even in Fort White. Too much growth coming eventually. Glad you're getting started with the new place. Sounds like a terrific plan.

Vince & Michelle
1993 Front entry Breakaway 30.5
Cummings 5.9 190 HP with Banks upgrade to 210 HP, Allison 4 speed
Spartan Chassis

Posts: 78 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Member Since: 06-04-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Home again, home again, jiggety-jig! Got home today after an uneventful trip from Deerlick (except for having to put the exhaust extension back on after the Raceway driveway dip took it off - 10 minutes, 102°...)

101° when I got home.

New tranny/TC has (apparently) improved fuel consumption from 10.5 mpg avg, to 11.5+ mpg... Thumbs Up

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Pix from Deerlick Astronomy Village, 483 Constellation Lane.

This is the RV port where DannyZ and Suzie would park when visiting:

And the Man Cave:

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Patch1st
posted Hide Post
LOOKIN GOOD!!!!!

Click for Saint Clair Shores, Michigan Forecast

Patch1st
35' Regency
MCC Chassis
8.2 Detroit Diesel
"Partly Cloudy"

Posts: 455 | Location: Michigan | Member Since: 10-17-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks great Rusty! You might be the only person in the South, other than Disney, building new construction in this economy.

So is the Man Cave where you Barth ends up? How does your setup work?

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
My other money-pit hobby besides astronomy is model railroading (G-gauge), and the Man Cave will give me room for a decent layout.

If weather is bad and I need to work on one of the vehicles, the rollup door allows me to get the thing inside.

The LOA covenants require a cover for RVs, so StaRV II will park there.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke