Reply To This Topic

Information on the go
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted
I'm told this works really well:
----------------------------
Here's a number worth putting in your cell phone or home phone speed dial: 1-800-goog411 or 1-800-466-4411. This is an awesome new free service from Google - great when you're on the road driving with no pen/pencil or paper handy. Don't waste your money calling 'directory assistance' and don't waste your time manually dialing the number. Here's how it works... I'm driving along in my car and I need to call the golf course but I don't know the number. I hit the speed dial for information that I have programmed (1-800-goog411) and the voice at the other end says, "City & State." I say, "Garland Texas." He says, "Business, Name or Type of Service." I say, "Garland Golf Course." He says, "connecting," and Garland Golf Course answers the phone! How great is that? This is nationwide and absolutely free! Works on cell and landline phones.
Click on the link below and watch the short clip for a quick demo.

http://www.google.com/goog411/
----------------
Hope it works!

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/11
Picture of TJ
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a great feature. Thanks Lou.

Tom & Jillene

1988 Regal
28' Chevy 454
8805-3538-28C-B3

Posts: 190 | Location: Crystal River, FL | Member Since: 08-16-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Yeah, we've been using it, too. Beats looking for a phone booth with an intact phone book.

Oh, yeah, what's a phone booth? I feel like
Diogenes with his lantern.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Not only all the above, the automated guy seems to understand what I'm saying better than the 1800free411 lady. She is like talking to a foreigner. We've been using the 800goog411 for about a year now. Worth a try.
tere

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Patch1st
posted Hide Post
By the way it only works for commercial numbers but I love it... They dont even bother to tell you the number (like you have a pencil anyway) they just CONNECT you....

Click for Saint Clair Shores, Michigan Forecast

Patch1st
35' Regency
MCC Chassis
8.2 Detroit Diesel
"Partly Cloudy"

Posts: 455 | Location: Michigan | Member Since: 10-17-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post