Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Headed to Denver
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Fred & Cindy
posted
Taking my Barth on its (my) maiden voyage tomorrow, 7 Aug, from South Central Missouri to Denver, CO. It's about 800 miles each way. A lot of miles on I-70. Let you know how it works out when I get back on 18 Aug.

Jax

1990 Regency, Diesel

1990 32' Regency, Wide Body
Spartan Chassis, 8.3 CTA Cummins
4 Speed Allison Trans
South Central Missouri

Posts: 356 | Location: Missouri | Member Since: 06-24-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fred & Cindy
posted Hide Post
OK.... Made it to Denver... actually Aurora, Co. We are on Buckley Air Force base parked in an RV park. I am retired military. Traveled about 800 miles straight and took about 14 hours. Also towed our 2007 Camry on a tow dolly. Had a smooth ride with no major issues. We did run into some heavy rain in Colorado and my speedometer stopped working. It started working again after we got through the storm.

JAX
1990 Regency, Diesel

4 Speed Allison Trans
South Central Missouri

Posts: 356 | Location: Missouri | Member Since: 06-24-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Sweet! Always good to hear about good Barthing. Good luck on your return trip, be safe.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5181 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of dustyjeeper
posted Hide Post
Welcome to Colorado.

1978 Barth 17' Cabin Fever
1997 Barth 23' 4 door Command Center

Posts: 505 | Location: LaSalle CO | Member Since: 12-05-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Nice job Thumbs Up

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a great maiden voyage, Good luck!

Posts: 259 | Location: SouthWest MI | Member Since: 08-12-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fred & Cindy
posted Hide Post
Still sitting here in an RV Park on Buckley Airbase, Colorado. As inidcated above, this is the first time we have had our Barth out on a journey. Our back levelers are not working but we are on a level pad and I have the front two down to help stabilize. A retired truck driver staying in the park looked at my cummins and said it is in good shape (93,000 miles). We are pleased with the coach.... so far, so good. We plan on leaving this Friday on our 800 mile trip back to Missouri.

Jax
1990 Regency, Diesel

4 Speed Allison Trans
South Central Missouri

Picture of Fred & Cindy
posted Hide Post
We are back home in southern Missouri. The Barth did a fine job mechanically. Had an issue with the awning rail getting in a bind and had to force it back up to store it properly for transport. Also, the back levelers are not working. Other than that, we had a smooth 800 mile trip from Colorado. This is our first RV and my wife was againt it at first... but she is slowly coming around. I am looking forward to taking it out again in late Sep to Huntsville, AL.

Jax

1990 Regency
Cummins Diesel, Spartan Chasis

4 Speed Allison Trans
South Central Missouri