Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Regency 38 or 40
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted
I was in Macon, GA today and went by an area just south of Macon on I-75 that has several Large RV dealers and repair centers. This is close to Ft. Valley where the Bluebird Wanderlodges were built.

There is a Cummins-Caterpillar repair center at exit 149. Located behind the shop was a Barth Regency that look to be 38 to 40 foot in length. The facility was closed, so I couldn't get in to get the tag. The coach was painted like Towerguy's Stagecoach. It had the "Barth Motor Company" lettering in red on the side of the coach.

Now as old cowboys' say. "This old gal has been rode hard and put away wet more than one time." The engine doors and one of the corner panels have been removed from the back of the coach. The rear bumper and anything that would be in the way of an engine removal had been removed. Since it was sitting at a major engine repair shop, I can only guess to it's engine problems. The side entry door had been replaced and not painted to match the coach. The front bumper had a fairly large dent in it. On second thought it was just badly bent.

If someone is close to the area or traveling on I-75, please stop and get the tag.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
I didn't have a camera with me the day that I saw this coach. However, I did have my cell phone and snapped a couple of pictures with it. Now I have finally learned how to download the pictures from my phone to my computer so here they are. I apologize for the clarity but hey they were taken with a cell phone.

Like I said It's seen a hard life.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I'll be headed your way around 9/17; if it's there I'll try to get details.

Where is this shop from the exit northbound?

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Get off at the exit. turn right. go a couple of blocks and you will see a frontage road to the left. Shop is maybe 1/4 mile down on the left. there are several rv repair centers and conversion shops on that road.

Nick

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Got it.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I stopped by and got some pictures of the coach; there was NO data tag and NO builder's plate. (The service manager was kind enough to allow me into the coach). Judging by StaRV II alongside, it's a 38'. The shop has completed the drive train repairs.

The current owner owns a livery company, and is converting the coach to a super limo. Some of the interior has been completed (and done very nicely). A contemporary instrument cluster has been built but not installed.

Photos coming.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke