Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Spartan
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Spotted a Barth Spartan on I 81 today with Georgia plates.
I am now in love with these things and must know more. I assume it had a large turbo diesel in it, I had a tough time keeping up with it. Any information about this model would be appreciated.

Posts: 2 | Location: East coast | Member Since: 12-30-2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the site! You have come to the right place for information on Barth coaches. There is much here if you search around.

Spartan diesel pushers have 5.9 Cummins rated 190-230 hp. The larger ones have 8.3 Cummins 300-325 hp.

Barth coaches were quite variable from one to another. Many different options can be found.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5181 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nick&Emily
posted Hide Post
Hello, sorry for the late reply!

I'm 99% sure that was us that you saw headed up I-81. We were on our way from a stay with family in NC up to a Christmas Tree Farm in Virginia. We are still working our way through a nice road trip.

Our Barth is a 33' 1993 Breakaway, it's on a Spartan Chassis. It has a 5.9 Cummins Turbo Diesel (12 valve with a P-Pump) and a 6 speed Allison Transmission. It was 230hp rated from the factory but a previous owner had it tuned at a diesel mechanic to a roughly estimated 265hp. It moves along pretty good when you want to! I am proud that you noticed us.

-Nick

Posts: 13 | Location: Athens, Georgia | Member Since: 09-10-2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post