Start A New Topic
Reply To This Topic
Up for sale is a 1978 Barth Motorhome, 24ft long. These were the absolute top of the line when they were made. All aluminum exterior and framing which means they will not succumb to rust or wood rot like most vintage RV’s.
When I bought it, the previous owner had redone the interior upholstery, foam, and had painted the exterior in the dramatic silver and black/brown fade. It is eye-catching everywhere it goes and I get stopped constantly on the road and at the beach to talk about it.
I finished remodeling the interior, replaced nearly all of the appliances (everything except the working water heater), and had the engine, transmission, and suspension rebuilt among many other things (listed below). This RV is ready to go and be enjoyed. There’s nothing else like it on the market or on the road! It only has 89,000 miles on it and only about 1,000 on the rebuilt engine/transmission since the work was done.
Our family only used it in town and at various beaches along the coast. We’d pull into the state park nearby, right on the sand. It only needs a regular pass because it is under the 25’ requirement!
We love this RV and we would love to keep it, but we have 5 kids, so it is no longer practical for longer trips. We bought a larger 5th wheel and now cannot justify owning both RV’s. But we will not sell for any less than the listed price because it is too valuable to us.
It has a clean, free and clear title, and a fresh smog certificate—it passed with flying colors! So we’re ready to sell immediately and hand it over to the new owners.
As far as the interior, I did remove the dinette because I didn’t feel it was a good use of the space. Removing it really opened up the interior for us with the kids. It still sleeps 4 on the large single in the back, the double bed that the couch turns into, and the pull down single over the driver and passenger's seat. You could easily sleep more with an air mattress on the floor or a portable crib (like we would use). I still have the parts for the dinette if the new owner would like them.
New and Updated Items
- Professionally Rebuilt Engine and Transmission
- Newer Tires
- New Suspension Springs, and Shocks
- New Interior Fabric, Vinyl, and Foam
- New Fridge
- New Heater and Thermostat
- New Oven/Range
- New Counters and Fixtures
- New Flooring
- New Knobs and Hinges on all Cabinets
- New Freshwater Plumbing Throughout
- New Solar System and Charger for House Batteries
- New House and Engine Batteries
- Rebuilt Airhorn
- Completely Sealed Rubber Roof Coating
- New Vent/Fan in Bathroom
- New Lights Throughout
- New Backsplash
- Wiring and Taillights
- Rebuilt Generator Carburetor (Runs Great)
- Brand New Full Exterior Cover
- All New Propane Lines from Tank and Propane Regulator
- Brand New Toilet
- New Sewer Lines
- Dash A/C not Functioning (Have a Mechanic for It)
- Generator Start/Stop Switch Needs Replacing
- Few Blemishes on the Paint
- Side Windows Could Use Resealing (I always covered anyway)
- Cosmetic Odds and Ends (It’s a 45 year old RV!)
This is an amazing RV that is only going to get rarer and more valuable over the years. It will also provide tons of amazing memories for whoever gets it. It is going to be difficult to part with it, but now is the time.
Text or call me at 7146983108.
|Powered by Social Strata|