Forums    Barth Sightings/Ads    1977 in Youngstown.
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1977 in Youngstown.
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of jsloan
posted
http://youngstown.craigslist.org/rvs/1417114541.html

I would guess about 27'

~Jeff~

1984 28' Regal P30

Posts: 148 | Location: Mississippi | Member Since: 09-13-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Nobody can keep a secret no more. I called on this one. It is a 28 footer, twin beds, rear bath, generator, fridge works elec and gas. Not sure yet if I make this trip (just got back from TX). And by the way why is my long form posting not working? On the blackberry phone I understand but now my home computer don't want to do it neither. I have ancient technology and sloooooow dial up.

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Thumbs DownOh well, I hate to call a person a liar, but this owner is trying to pull the wool over my eyes. I did not expect a perfect coach, but don't tell me the interior is new when -well- it WAS new back about 15 years ago. The AC on the roof is also not from 2005, more like 1985 and the fridge is original 1977. Sad sad shape. I could not take a picture, my husband was dragging me out and the owner was more interested to get back to his football game. Here is what I scribbled down for the numbers:
S7707 2259 MC 28S-3
CPY3773319061
Chevrolet Date 4/77
7/1/77
GVWR 12,300
To the outside: Not bad, missing a couple lights (owner "oh, I just see that now), top half bare aluminum, could be polished beautifully, bottom white/black paint in good shape). Back up camera removed, hole badly patched. Tires good. Fill in for fresh water stuffed with deteroating piece of plastic bag (looked nasty, I would not put fresh water thru that hole). Has airbags holding air. All in all I liked the outside (needed some window rubber replaced). Inside another story. First the whole ceiling is rotten. You can see the aluminium structure thru the ceiling (or whats left of it). He said I quote "it NEVER leaked" (sorry but that is just BS). It is so rotten your pinky finger will push thru. He finally admitted the three sky lights leaked but he replaced them all... Well I pulled down the overhead bed over the drivers seat and the whole ceiling was rotten there too (no sky light). The fridge is 1977, no shelves, nasty and bottom cover missing. Stove ok, cabinets fine expect one has water damage from ceiling leaks. The carpet is mustard brown, old and nasty, the "new" upholstery is some kind of seagreen, itself ok. The couch is a simple cheapy RV fold out couch, open on bottom. On passenger side all thats left is the little table - no chairs. The window treatments are 1977 and so sunfaded and rotten, they are falling apart. No curtain upfront. Twin beds, 2 holes in carpet - I guess for the table. Bathroom allright, mirror in door on cabinet broken, broken pieces just hanging in there. Table top stored in cabinet damp. Light covers missing everywhere. The owner insisted the AC was new in 2005 but that thing was taped with scotch tape and we have been around RVs long enough, that is no 2005 model. It is not 1977, but somewhere in between. The coach cranked right up and ran, but if the owner can even admit his ceiling is leaking, how would I know he replaced the brakes? The generator has not been used in over one year, but he says is works (even he does no crank it). It is rough. He hushed us out of there "I got someone at 5 o'clock thats going to buy it" and "I got 3 more emails". We wished him good luck and left. Oh well. Tooling AlongBack on the road, there is one more to see. This was supposed to be a little roadtrip, now it's more like across America in one week. Hey, watch out we are coming to your town next. Maybe we will find whats suits both of us. java

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
It has a passenger seat upfront, reread my msg, sounded like it was missing. It is there, just no chairs with table.

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the report and tag numbers. Did anyone catch an image when it was listed earlier? If you see it listed again, grab the image and send it to me please. Computer Also reference this post so I know what you sent me.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Got images... Here, if you dare, is the new link to this coach.

http://youngstown.craigslist.org/rvs/1426041073.html
quote:

1977 BARTH MOTORHOME
77000 MILES (CHEVY 454)POWERED
NEW INTERIOR
NEW ALTERNATOR
NEW TIRES
AND MANY MORE PARTS
WE HAVE NOW BOUGHT A HOME IN FLORIDA AND NO LONGER NEED IT
$3500

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post