Forums    Barth Sightings/Ads    1985 Barth Regency RD-B - $10000 (Harrisburg)
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1985 Barth Regency RD-B - $10000 (Harrisburg)
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted
http://carbondale.craigslist.org/rvs/3939518214.html

When this motor home was purchased new it was top of line and approximately $200,000.00. The motor home was owned by an Orthopedic surgeon who mainly used it for hunting trips. It was well maintained and had been stored (without use) for ten years. It was stored in a building on concrete. This building was used only to store the Barth. I purchased this motor home In October 2012. Took it on one trip and the motor blew up. It must have the MOTOR replaced. It has a Detroit Diesel Motor with 68,000 original miles on it. This is a diesel motor and a rebuilt motor is approximately 5000.00. Buyer is responsible for arranging transport/towing of this motor home. It is in my drive way at home and will need to be moved.

Now onto the details:

The Barth is 35 ft. It has a bedroom in the rear section w/ full size bed, numerous overhead cabinets for storage, end table, his and her closets, lamp, lights, mirrors, windows, blinds, drapes. The hallway has his and her closets. There is a pull door to separate the bedroom from the hallway. Next is the full bathroom w/ lighted vanity, sink, toilet & shower, window, blind, curtain and has a roof vent that lets light in nicely. Full kitchen, food pantry, kitchen storage/cabinets, upper and lower cabinets, fridge, freezer, stove, icemaker, convection oven/microwave, double sink - full kitchen with booth style table & flat screen tv. Living area has a couch and two captain style chairs with a small table between. The front portion has a driver's captain chair and passenger captain chair. Wood grain instrument panel. The main color of the interior is a mauve shade. Is carpeted. Has blinds, curtains etc. Lots of cabinets for storage. Also has storage under the motor home. Has back up camera. Awning. It has a security system. AC & Heat. Front driver and passenger window defrost fans. It is large enough to live in or great for traveling. It really has all the amenities. We call it the bus because it looks like a tour bus. Outside is shades of silver with a dark marroon striping.

Multi Power source. Gasoline generator. Propane Furnace. Two overhead air conditioners.

The tires are in mint condition. Like I stated in the listing, we only drove it one time and it got 10 MPG.

If interested please put "About barth" in your message subject line. If serious, you may contact me directly. six-one-eight.273.44sevensix

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
seems like this had been posted before. Engine story sounds awfully familiar.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
It is almost like this one:

https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...41087061/m/841100491

....thought it was on before but did not find

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Doug. At least I know I haven't lost my mind too Ooops

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
As with most vehicles it is worth very little if not in (close to) running condition. Most buyers won't even look at it.

I would part it out or get it running and sell it as such. Good luck.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5161 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Wonder what chassis and tranny it has. I think 85 might have been a transitional year.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I'd bet on the MCC chassis due to the DD 8.2L.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Deb & Ed's 35 suffered a failure, as did Patch 1st's. Jim Rustige replaced his with a reman (which is a much improved mill). I think only Capt Bob has had no major issues.

They are known to be absolutely intolerant of overheating. What is strange is that the GM 6.5L TD was stock at 190 HP, and my AMG is rated at 230 HP - and versions to 425 HP are available. WHy the 8.2 was maxxed at 215 HP is strange.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Capt Bob
posted Hide Post
hey its me Capt Bob...im still doing awesome and still in my Barth ..not been on line much ...but will be coming back more often..hope everyone is doing great Smiler

Capt Bob
1984 35ft Regency
MCC chassis
8.2 Detroit Turbo

Posts: 115 | Location: West Central Florida | Member Since: 10-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Capt Bob:
will be coming back more often.. Smiler

glad to hear it cheers

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/14
Picture of Bubba Barth
posted Hide Post
The problem with Detroit Diesels is people do not understand how to maintain them them properly. Power is unparalleled. They got a bad rap because of the 8v72 issues according to DD in WA. If properly maintained IE correct oil etc. the DD is a reliable engine.

Cheers
Meric

PS I love mine once I worked through the understanding of it.

Posts: 242 | Location: Sequim Washington | Member Since: 05-12-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
The 8.2 is a 4-stroke V8, unrelated to the 53/71/92/110 series.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke