VIN (Vehicle Identification Number): CPL3773304670
For Sale By: Private Seller
Awnings: None
Sleeping Capacity: 6
Length (feet): 21
Vehicle Title: Clean
Make: Barth
Fuel Type: Gas
Barth was driving perfectly yesterday while out running errands. When I went to start it the last time though, it wouldn't shift out of park. Had it towed home. Think it just needs a linkage adjustment and a tune up for smog. Buyer will need to have it towed out from in front of our house.

I purchased this 1977 Barth Motorhome in 2017 from its longtime, second owner, a retired physics professor who was hanging up his keys for good due to health concerns. It was in good mechanical condition when I purchased it and is in even better mechanical condition today, as it has had regular, preventative maintenance and the necessary replacement of aging/failing parts.

This is not a camper that has spent its life parked (which is murder on an RV's motor, rubber hoses, electrical wiring, etc). The previous owner used it regularly and I have traveled extensively throughout the west coast in it. I just took it on a 3-month trip earlier this year without issue.

It is classified as a Class A, due to its width, but it is short enough to fit in any regular parking spot. Because of it's small size, you can take it most anywhere. I have driven it through unpaved, barely-maintained, BLM roads to reach remote campsites (recently up Red Mountain in Ukiah for 2 weeks), through the desert to uncrowded campsites at Joshua Tree, to beautiful beaches all along the CA coast, and spent plenty of stealth nights camping on city streets all over.

Extensive information about the vehicle's history and upkeep here:

ebay link.. ****

I have no connection with seller or sale..

Mike W

M/C-W

1991 early XL-style (maybe 1 of 2?) Breakaway... but prior to that actual (XL) designation...
2nd Breakaway w/Cat 3208T 250 hp motor 4 spd MT643 Allison trans Gilig Air suspension chassis/brakes
Data Tag: 9010 3694 34-BG-1B

Posts: 425 | Location: Coachella Valley, SoCalif... | Member Since: 08-23-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
It's adorable.
Tere

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post