Tools
Reply To This Topic

1996 33' Monarch
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/13
Picture of Steve Griffin
posted
http://southbend.craigslist.org/rvd/4595400764.html

1996 33' Barth Monarch Class A Motorhome with Chevy Chassis, 53,800 miles. Features include: 2 roof A/C units, generator Air Ryde Suspension, tag axle, back-up camera, hydraulic jacks, new awning and beautiful solid walnut cabinets with Corian countertops! Braun's Fun Time Campers, 9702 Pendleton Pike, Indianapolis IN

Posts: 151 | Location: Oologah, OK | Member Since: 10-05-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
peculiar rear configuration

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Looks like this one was set up as a game-day coach, but kept livability with pullout beds and a nice kitchen. A nice coach for bringing 10 or 12 friends to the big game.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
relisted @ $21,900
http://southbend.craigslist.org/rvd/4982950051.html
1996 Barth Motorhome odometer: 53800 fuel : gas transmission : automatic cylinders : 8 cylinders

condition: good
size / dimensions: 33'
1996 33' Barth Monarch Class A Motorhome with Chevy Chassis, 53,800 miles. Features include: 2 roof A/C units, generator Air Ryde Suspension, tag axle, back-up camera, hydraulic jacks, new awning and beautiful solid walnut cabinets with Corian countertops! Braun's Fun Time Campers, 9702 Pendleton Pike, Indianapolis IN
contact name:
Austin Braun
contact by phone:
☎ 317-890-0791

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/12
Picture of Tool Man T
posted Hide Post
This one has been hanging around a while.
Hospitality Coach?

Joel Taylor

Posts: 164 | Location: South Carolina | Member Since: 05-12-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tool Man T:
This one has been hanging around a while.
Hospitality Coach?

a rolling cottage for COUCH potatoes

posted Hide Post
Hi I'm giving some consideration to this coach. DATA Tag is 1GBLP37J6T3316227 model 9705-M0032-32MC-1C.

The interior is very rough and this doesn't have the typical Barth feel. I think it's had a hard life (granted I spent 35 minutes just looking) didn't start it nor verify if everything works. One thing they did say is the air bag has a leak. Is that difficult and or expensive to fix?

I think I'll go back Saturday to check out the systems. Anyone have thoughts on what I should check?

By the way... this is a big step up from my last Barth. I used to own Mary Ray's 1975 several years ago...

Posts: 10 | Location: Greensburg, IN | Member Since: 08-27-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Gary, I still have that coach. Smiler

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Air bags are easy to change. You will need Goodyear 1R9-038. Deflate the bag, unbolt, disconnect air line, collapse new one and install.

Check brakes and tires first…

good luck keep us posted. Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5181 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi. I spent a couple of hours with this coach this afternoon. I'm mixed on what I'm going to do.. One thing that I'm wondering is what this is (see picture). It sits in its own compartment behind the battery compartment. I thought is was some type of air compressor, but I found that in another compartment.

Posts: 10 | Location: Greensburg, IN | Member Since: 08-27-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
sorry the picture turned 90 degrees when I uploaded it...

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Looks like maybe a pump for hydraulic levelers. Does it have a fluid reservoir attached?

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5181 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That could be it... There was a black box (could be tank) behind this. I've never had levelers so I didn't think of that. I was playing with the controls and couldn't get them to work.. Just thought I was doing something wrong. This is a nice coach... actually will seat 17 people.. Not sure how "camping" friendly it is... Also had some water leaks around pipes and antennas.. and the big scare of the day, I put it in park, was letting the engine run to help charge the battery, I stepped away from the drivers seat and it started rolling. Sales rep had a very panicked look as the Barth was rolling toward his inventory. Generator starter turned, but the generator wouldn't kick.

posted Hide Post
It needs a lot of TLC.. But.... I thinkin...

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
relisted: http://www.funtimecampers.com/Details.aspx?ID=1095

1996 Barth Monarch 33'
Retail Price: $21,900
Sale Price: ??

Options:Chevy Chassis & Gas Engine, 53,800 miles, 2 13.5K Air Conditioners, Hydraulic Jacks, Back Up Camera, Kohler Generator, New Awning, Air Ryde Suspension, Interior Color:

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post