Reply To This Topic

1965 24ft travel trailer
 Login now/Join our community

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olroy:

Scottydi's '69 Pontiac would be a typical tow vehicle for that era, but for a Barth, something like my old '65 Cad Sedan Deville would be more typical.

For some reason, my memories of that period conjure up a maroon Four-Holer Buick pulling an Airstream.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Olroy, I'll be scouting craigslist for a 60's Caddy.

>
I have a '68 Sedan De Ville out in the garage, it's restorable. ........ still a long way from Charleston.

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
I shot the USA v. Canada match in Charleston SC we live just south of Roanoke, VA. But... my wife's college roomate is a professor at Alvernia Collge, they live in Reading PA. We've been planning to go see them, this might be a good kick in the pants.

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
quote:
we live just south of Roanoke, VA

I depended on my memory of another post, someone else said they live near Charleston. Reading is less than an hour from here.

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick Cagle:
quote:
Originally posted by StinkyDaddy:
The vin# on the title is B1174.

StinkyDaddy, You definitely own the oldest Barth that we have a record of. Your Vin would decode as follows:
B= second year of production = 1964
1= produced in January.
174= 174th Barth Built.

Nick

Is this still true about being the oldest barth on record?

Posts: 3 | Location: Albion, Michigan  | Member Since: 11-12-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Here is an older Barth.

There is an older listed but I cannot get the picture to load presently.

Welcome to Barthmobile. I see your profile shows A11-153-19. Would you please post a picture of your tongue stamp?

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin:
Here is an older Barth.

There is an older listed but I cannot get the picture to load presently.

Welcome to Barthmobile. I see your profile shows A11-153-19. Would you please post a picture of your tongue stamp?

It's actually my Moms trailer but I'll try and get it tomorrow.

Posts: 3 | Location: Albion, Michigan  | Member Since: 11-12-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's actually my Moms trailer but I'll try and get it tomorrow.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Thanks Koolcat. I will request you a folder. You will be able to put pictures in the folder. Koolcat is a cool screen name and so are Barth Trailers.

Thanks for sharing.

Kevin

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post