Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Breakaway in Allegan, MI
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted
This coach sits by the side of the road on my way to town. I've been riding past it for more than 2 years, now.

It is owned by the widow of a gentleman who passed away 2-3 years ago. The family hasn't as yet located the paperwork for it (as of the last time we discussed it) but they think it is probably at their place in Florida.

Here's what I know about it:
190hp Cummins
65K miles
Needs interior work including repair of a leak in the roof. Owner's son says it no longer leaks.

Needs an inverter and probably a lot more since it has been sitting for so long now.

I am not representing the family in any kind of a sale but if you send me a PM I will give you their phone number.

I am going to get the data tag info for Nick Cagle.

Hopefully this coach will wind up in a good home.

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
Looks pretty nice on the outside. Could be someones dream come true.......

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Looks like a '91-92 28' Breakaway.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
Just stopped by today and got some pix of the interior.

The data tag info has been sent to Nick Cagle in a PM.

If anyone wants a copy of the pictures please send me a PM.

Just a reminder: The owners are family friends of ours. I will do my best to accurately describe this coach but I am not involved in the sale/purchase. If I can help any Barth member by getting information to them I will gladly do so.

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
BTW, odometer reads 65K+, not 83K+. I don't know if it is the original gage or not.

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I've been on vacation for a few weeks and have been trying to catch up. Lou sent these to me several days ago. Now that I'm home... here you go!

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Lou, was the engine running when you took the dash picture? [Note tach]. Kind of messy but it looks like it could clean up well if someone wanted to invest a little in it.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
Danny,

No. It wasn't running at the time. Good catch. Not sure why tach is off zero.

I believe this coach will clean up and hope it goes to someone who can appreciate and take care of it.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Lou,

Any movement/updates on this coach?.......

I need to be in the St. Joseph/South Haven area
in a week or so.....Time permitting, I'd like to run over & kick some tires.....

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
Lee,

I talked to the owner's son, Doug, this past Thursday. As far as I know, he represents the owner's widow and the rest of the family.

As far as I can tell, there is no positive movement at this point. He hasn't located the title yet (last registered in FL.). But he's got a couple of other priorities to deal with and so I'm not sure selling the Barth will be on a front burner until he gets what he (they) consider to be an acceptable offer.

I did specifically ask him what the coach looks like from underneath and he said there was no rust and that the undercoating appears to be in good shape.

If your trip is a 'go' you might want to call Doug (his number is in the window in the last picture) and make arrangements. If there is anything in general you will need from me just let me know.

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
We have a new Barth owner for this coach.

Just took a drive from Michigan to South Dakota.

quote:
Hi Bill

It took almost a year but I finally found my Barth!! A beautiful 28 foot 91 Breakaway. I would never have found it without this wonderful site and all the fine folks associated with it. I would especially like to thank Lou for not only posting it on Barth Sightings but for all the help he gave me afterwards. The PO and her son were kind enough to deliver it to me...1040 mi pulling a toad on a car dolly. The only mishap was one tire failure caused by some road debris. They drove through rain on the way over and it has been raining here the last two days, so I haven't got a chance to do much to her. Tuesday she is getting a new set of tires, belts, hoses and oil change. Sure wish I could make the Milford GTG, but I will be working. The data tag is already listed on the project site so I don't know exactly how to handle that (Barth Sightings, Allegan Michigan 9103 3726 28BS 1B). South Dakota will be on the Barth map!! I have enclosed a few pictures, remember she just finished a 1000 mile journey and a few more days of rain... but I will have her cleaned up and shiny before long
Thanks for all your help Bill
Sounds excited doesn't he. Thumbs Up

Congratulations Mystery Man from South Dakota. Thumbs Up

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com12/10
Picture of Gerald
posted Hide Post
Hi Bill,

I'm the mystery man! Smiler I thought I entered the coach info. in my profile. I will have to check it again. Thanks for putting the pics in for me

1986 Barth Regal SE
34 foot tag - 454 Chevy
8610 3363 34TFPOB

Posts: 227 | Location: Aberdeen, So. Dak. | Member Since: 09-25-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Welcome Gerald, or Mystery Man, whichever you prefer. Looks like a nice Barth you picked up. Hope you have nothing but good luck as we have with ours.

Corey and Cheri

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Patch1st
posted Hide Post
Welcome aboard Gerald!!! We also bought our coach in Alegan Mich. just last year, in fact I think you had checked it out? Congratulations on your new sweetheart of a ride....

Click for Saint Clair Shores, Michigan Forecast

Patch1st
35' Regency
MCC Chassis
8.2 Detroit Diesel
"Partly Cloudy"

Posts: 455 | Location: Michigan | Member Since: 10-17-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com12/10
Picture of Gerald
posted Hide Post
Hi Corey, Sheri and Patch..Thanks for the welcome. Your right Patch, I was the one looking at your beautiful Regency. Since this was going to be my first coach I thought that I should stick to something a little smaller Smiler. Corey, Gerald would be fine Smiler I will try to remove some of the mystery. I am 58 and the owner of a small Home Care Agency. We provide in-home care for seniors and people with disabilities. I have a 27 yr.old daughter who is married and studing to be a doctor...she is also going to make me a first time grandpa soon Smiler. I also have a 16 year old son who,depending upon the day wants to be anything from a professional disc golfer to an architect !! My dad farmed until I was 18 so I have basic mechanic skills and have driven everything from garden tractors to combines. I have done quite a bit of tent camping through the years and had a 10' slide in on a 84 GMC diesel- 1 ton dually. I have dreamed about having a coach and touring this great country of ours for a long time!! Now I am one step closer to doing it in a classic Barth!

1986 Barth Regal SE
34 foot tag - 454 Chevy
8610 3363 34TFPOB

Posts: 227 | Location: Aberdeen, So. Dak. | Member Since: 09-25-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post