Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Truck camper
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/16
posted

Posts: 73 | Location: MA | Member Since: 06-13-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keirn and Carolyn
posted Hide Post
I had 253-68 this Spring. Sold it for $1500.00.
It was nice and very original.

Posts: 29 | Location: Trent Woods, North Carolina | Member Since: 07-11-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Stainless Steel Exterior????????????

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick Cagle:

Nick

I had sent him a note about that on ebay.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick Cagle:

Nick

"Simulated" stainless steel...

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
My exchange with seller:
Dear quicksale777,

My Barth was aluminum. A few Barth motorhomes were fiberglass. Otherwise, every Barth known to the Barth owners forum was aluminum skin on aluminum framing. In fact. the construction design was patented.
Of all the hundreds of Barth RV's made, yours would be one of a kind if it is stainless steel.

-mogandavid
To: mogandavid

Sent Date: Nov-11-13 12:28:22 PST

Dear mogandavid,

It is stainless steel and has no rust on the exterior. It is like a cookware pot that is stainless, under the freshly applied paint.

- quicksale777

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Sounds like "quicksale777" doesn't know what he's got...

(A lot of cookware pots ARE aluminum...)

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5189 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mogan David:
My exchange with seller:
Dear quicksale777,

My Barth was aluminum. A few Barth motorhomes were fiberglass. Otherwise, every Barth known to the Barth owners forum was aluminum skin on aluminum framing. In fact. the construction design was patented.
Of all the hundreds of Barth RV's made, yours would be one of a kind if it is stainless steel.

-mogandavid
To: mogandavid

Sent Date: Nov-11-13 12:28:22 PST

Dear mogandavid,

It is stainless steel and has no rust on the exterior. It is like a cookware pot that is stainless, under the freshly applied paint.

- quicksale777

I was told at one of the GTG that Barth built a stainless steel coach. They went thru many drill bits. I think it was built for the government.

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
I wonder what the weight difference is between the stainless and the aluminum. I'll bet it is quite a bit. As a person who has worked with sheet metal for over 39 years just let me say - I HATE working with stainless steel.

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
update:
Dear mogandavid,

I can tell from the hardness, toughness and corrosion resistance characteristics that it is a fine stainless steel alloy and has a light brush factory finish. It is light gauge and just right for the application. As listed, it will need restored to be as original because of many small and larger dents/damage, so now would be the time to remodel the interior and body work the exterior. I am also somewhat amazed that this is stainless and it possibly might have been a promo or special order. If an aluminum alloy, then it has a highly significant content of nickel, chromium, and other metals for toughness and corrosion resistance. You may be right after all.