Forums    Barth Sightings/Ads    Electric Odometer?
Page 1 2 3 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Electric Odometer?
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/12
posted
Anyone care to comment on the statement in this E-bay add that said the odo was running when the coach was not running? Anyone recognize this coach?
Wayne K
quote:
Bill N.Y: added images and text.

1992 Barth 30ft Breakaway aluminum diesel motorcoach. 1 family owned, never smoked in, in very good condition all the way around, looks runs and drives good, propane gas front generator, rear diesel drive motor, 100 gallon diesel fuel capacity,300 Cummings diesel motor,automatic transmission. front and rear a/c units, stand alone stand up shower, separate private toilet and sink, new refrigerator/freezer combo never used, microwave, gas burners, holds 50 gallon fresh water and 30 gallon of waste water, awnings all the way around, power leveling jacks. This RV cost over $120k new don't miss the opportunity to own your dream for a fraction of the price. own one of the best motor coaches ever made look them up every body loves them.i have no reserve on this item it will be sold to highest bidder.good luck....this coach reads 136k miles but it really has alot less miles on it .the electric sending unit module was running continusly and adding miles to the electric speedometer when sitting still .it really has about half the miles .it will be sold exempt on miles.you are welcome to have this coach inspected on my property (before you bid) this coach is for sale locally an auction my be ended early for first realistic offer over starting bid

Posts: 189 | Location: South Daytona Fl | Member Since: 07-02-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/12
posted Hide Post

Posts: 189 | Location: South Daytona Fl | Member Since: 07-02-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
is this deal to good to be true?

Posts: 191 | Location: vancouver island bc | Member Since: 01-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Don't know about the odometer, but it sure looks like a nice coach. No reserve, I'll say 21 might buy it, and it will still be a deal.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3477 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
300 HP?????????????

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
I have an electric speedometer/odometer. Even with power on the odometer does not run. The miles are calculated based upon the speed you are running.

Unless modified it is 190hp. In '92 the 542 was used and only good for about 230hp.

It does have the big bay on the street side.

Be interesting to know what it sells for.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1183 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
This is the first 30 foot mid-entry, Breakaway/Spartan chassis that I have seen that has the same layout as mine with the large capacity storage on the street side. It does not have the high weight capacity axles I have, it has Dana axles front and rear.

It does not have the 6 speed Allison, just the 4 speed and that is not rated to take 300 HP.

I only have a 60 gallon diesel fuel tank and I don't think there is enough room for larger than 80 gallon. IIRC I think that is what Gary has.

Other than that looks OK,

Agree with Gary, odometers do not run unless there is a pulse train from the drive line. If the odometer does not work now it could have a lot more than what is indicated.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2176 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
seems like this whole thread belongs in SIGHTINGS or FOR SALE.
Anyway, I asked the seller some questions. He answered none, only replied as follows:
"Dear mogandavid,
you are welcome to send a rv tek over to inspect coach my zip is 33714.google one .thanks
- alpinestar1"

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I plan to move it shortly - it appears the vampire speedo issue has run its course.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
Today seller still won't answer questions & says:
Dear mogandavid,
i already have a local offer of 13K .they came an inspected it .you can send some one or not your choice .this is a great coach at a great price
- alpinestar1

The mail comes from starautobrokers@yahoo.com
I don't think I am hearing from the OWNER

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
This guy has the slippery, slimy, flipper thing down to a science. Doesn't matter what the deal sounds like, I steer as clear of these scumbags as the Nigerian scammers!! It's more than being ignorant when an ad is this blatantly deceptive.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/10
posted Hide Post
Definately be cautious...

He has 1 bid for 11,999....I'd wager it is a dummy bid....

NOW, NOBODY BIDS 11,999....if you were trying to buy it, you would bid more like 12,100.

It sounds like he's trying to get a 12,000 bid or there about....it would make me wonder if there is 140 weight gear oil in the crankcase.....

Posts: 429 | Location: The Great Midwest | Member Since: 12-04-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
caveat emptor! This guy has a decent history with Ebay but mostly smaller stuff. If he gets over 12,999 it will be his largest transaction to date. Can't understand why the description is so poor.. lies or ignorance either way it's spooky.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5163 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
If our leaders consider this is a scam or a commercial ad, pull out the plug and turn off the lights...............................

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post