Forums    Barth Sightings/Ads    1995 Barth - $17500 (Bensalem -philadelphia)
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1995 Barth - $17500 (Bensalem -philadelphia)
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted
1995 Barth, Diesel, in good condition, approx. 119,000 miles. Price is firm. If interested call Jim @ 215-624-8725 or 215-510-2985

http://philadelphia.craigslist.../rvs/3374756006.html

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Like to know more about this one. Looks like a Breakaway but the last picture is definitely an airbag suspension.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
I obtained many details from the seller and will be posting them here shortly.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the detailed response. If it is okay with you, I will post the details on the forum where I saw the link to your ad.
Mark
------------------------------------------------
On Nov 24, 2012, at 6:24 PM, callan22@verizon.net wrote:

Answers to most of your questions. All the books on the RV are at the storage area and I will get back to you with any questions not answered at this time.

1) What engine, Cummins 5.9? And what horse power? These questions I cannot answer as the books are in the RV. Will get back to you later on this week.

2) What chassis, Spartan? Ans. Yes

3) What trans Allison 4sp or 6sp? 6sp

4 What coach length? 31 foot

5) What significant things have been replaced? 6/26/07 Generator replaced (Onan) 6.5 HGJAB-905rated 6.5 kW LP fuel
8/20/10 front and rear brake pads replaced. 2 brake rotor's . 6/8/11 speedometer repaired wiring harness installed frquency converter, calabrated speedometer. 7/25/11 replaced 4 brake caliper's 8/17/11 relpaced all 4 batterys deep seal Marine Batterys. 9/13/11 replaced fuel pump. 3/16/12 Air dryer was rebuilt with filter kit. 2/10/12 Our RV has 2 AC units. One in the bedroom and the other in the front area. Serviced the one in the front with a relay kit to fix AC unit and put on a thermostate. 4/23/12 replaced front AC unit roof shround . 2/21/12 replaced all cabinet door hinges. 5/31/12 replaced ceiling light fixture over eating booth area. 8/8/12 rebuilt master cylinder. This unit has 2 master cylinders, one for front brakes and one for back brakes.

6) What needs to be replaced? Nothing that I know of at thepresent time.

7) What is age of tires? Do not know but tires passed inspection Aug 2012.

8) Generator LP or Diesel? LP as stated above.

P.S. It has been told to me , true or false, ; You can boost a 190 HP engine to a 240 HP engine by fuel injection and turbo charger adjustments.
-----------------------------------------------
**NOV 25**
For several years, I have been a member of Barthmobile.com , essentially a club of Barth owners, former owners and seekers.
Another member spotted your ad and posted a link to it on the BARTH SIGHTINGS page of the forum.
The 92 Barth Breakaway I had was the same floor plan as yours. The widow of the original owner sold it to me twenty years after they got it new. After only one year, I downsized to a Class B Pleasure-Way. I might have had the same after-market air bag suspension as yours. The Spartan chassis didn't come with it. Was yours made with air suspension? The Spartan chassis normally had leaf springs.
One thing very important to understand your coach is a close up photo of the metal data tag. It is likely to be on the wall behind the driver's seat, often hidden by the gathered curtains for the windshield. It would be great if you could send that.
Regards,
Mark

On Nov 25, 2012, at 7:51 AM, callan22@verizon.net wrote:

Mark, We received your recent email about the RV and we are not sure exactly what the forum means. We are not computer savy and need you to please explain what it means. If necessary, you could call us to do any explainations . (215-624-8725).

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
Not that far away from me. If someone is serious about this purchase and needs a set of eyes to look it over, contact me. My new schedule is crazy and it gets dark early so it might take a bit to get there. But I'll do what I can. Please do not send me just to kick the tires...

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
From the last picture in the add of the air suspension and rear jacks, it appears it is NOT a 6 speed. Also mentioned is 190 HP.

If it is a 190 HP and 4 speed, I would question the year built.

Data tag would clear all this up.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/10
Picture of sky
posted Hide Post
Air bags and hydraulic brakes? It could be air over hydraulics. sky

1990 Barth Regency
32RDGB1 Wide Body
3208 Cat 250 HP
Gillig Chassis
Center aisle

Posts: 454 | Location: Murphy, NC | Member Since: 03-01-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
It is "air over hydraulic" brake system.

Air suspension is after market add. There are only a few Breakaways that were modified for full air suspension in the rear.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
It has the same color scheme as mine. It's interesting that the floor wasn't raised like it was on the '94 28' Breakaways. And it has real bumpers, not the fiberglass.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi All
I bought Dr.Yale's '91 Breakaway from Mogan David. Having driven both stock suspension Breakaways & air ride, the air ride is noticeably smoother.

Posts: 77 | Location: Seattle, Wa | Member Since: 04-30-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
nice to hear from you, Ric.
Did you ever figure out how the retarder works on the Alli 545R ?

By the way, thought it was a '92 (made in '91)

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Breakaways and Aristocrats usually have air over hydraulic. Mine, with the GM engine has Hydroboost over hydraulic, as do some Regals.

This coach may actually be an Aristocrat.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
posted Hide Post
Rusty, when you say the floor was not raised, what does that mean here? My floor is same level from front to back.

Tom Taylor
94 Breakaway XL

Posts: 306 | Location: Jacksonville FL | Member Since: 05-21-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:

This coach may actually be an Aristocrat.

Would the data tag tell us?

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tom taylor:
Rusty, when you say the floor was not raised, what does that mean here? My floor is same level from front to back.

Tom Taylor
94 Breakaway XL

My floor is one level. but it's raised about 10" over prior years' 28' and 30' Breakaways, greatly increasing basement storage (including a passthrough).

The beltline (also floorline) on those older coaches intersects the wheelwells.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke