Forums    Barth Sightings/Ads    Saw this ad today.
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Saw this ad today.
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/16
posted

Posts: 73 | Location: MA | Member Since: 06-13-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
It's on a Spartan chassis, in which the common engines were Cummins. The 300HP would have been rare in '89, so it may have a replacement engine, and aftermarket upgrade...or the seller is wrong

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/10
Picture of sky
posted Hide Post
With the vin decoder this was a spartan chassis manufactured in 1989 with a 6CTA8.3l cummins with either 240 or 250 hp and about 725 or torque.
The regency was available at that time with a cummins 8.3 or 8.2 Detroit, or a cat 3208T with 250 hp or a 3208TA with 300 hp. On my papers from the sales brochure, the Gillig chassis with a cat 3208T was about a $5,000 option over the spartan chassis with the cummins 8.3 if anyone wants a copy of that I will be happy to send it to you. Sky

Vin Decode

1990 Barth Regency
32RDGB1 Wide Body
3208 Cat 250 HP
Gillig Chassis
Center aisle

Posts: 454 | Location: Murphy, NC | Member Since: 03-01-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post