Tools
Reply To This Topic

1973 25' Barth Ranger $4500
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Just saw this on Seattle CL

stgpg-3918139169@sale.craigslist.org

If anyone is truely interested I can take a look. Cool

Posts: 77 | Location: Seattle, Wa | Member Since: 04-30-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's the vintage and size I'm looking for, but all the way across country...certainly a glowing description, which either means it's in great shape or the seller is bamboozling...the problem with Craigslist is no "feedback" which is something I like about Ebay...

Posts: 28 | Location: Hyattsville, Maryland | Member Since: 02-11-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/rvs/3918139169.html

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/13
posted Hide Post
Seller emailed me some photos, and I'm sure he would do same for others. I'm 25 miles away and could go for a look-see, but I'm no good evaluating systems or mechanicals.

As you'd expect of that vintage, it's got the short windshields. And a bustle.

Posts: 39 | Location: Seattle, WA | Member Since: 09-16-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
I infer that it has a decal from the BARTH RANGERS club, leading seller to think that is the model.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wonder if there is an RV evaluator in that area...I like the short windshields and bustle though I understand the replacement problem. Rust would be the other issue on something from the pacific NW. For me, the earlier, the better. Got some pics from him though not of the interior.

Posts: 28 | Location: Hyattsville, Maryland | Member Since: 02-11-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Clarke Bedford:
Wonder if there is an RV evaluator in that area...I like the short windshields and bustle though I understand the replacement problem. Rust would be the other issue

Read first post. Turtle knows his stuff.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/12
Picture of RainCatcher
posted Hide Post
There are a number of RV shops in this area that can do a mechanical evaluation. As Ric "Turtle" offered there are several of us who could/would do a personal evaluation of the coach and take pictures. In my experience, we get little snow here and they rarely salt the roads, so rust is not an issue here.

"Keep On Truckin"
94 30' Breakaway #3866
5.9 cummins on spartan chassis

Posts: 206 | Location: Seattle | Member Since: 04-22-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was "Roger" who said he was not the one to evaluate mechanical systems...Seattle must be full of Barth devotees. The owner was hardly forcoming via text messages which was off-putting. But I will test again about a 3rd party evaluation. Thanks for this info....C

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/12
Picture of RainCatcher
posted Hide Post
I don't know Roger, but "Turtle" and/or I would take a look at the coach, take some pictures and suggest someone to do a mechanical evaluation if you want.

Mike

"Keep On Truckin"
94 30' Breakaway #3866
5.9 cummins on spartan chassis

Posts: 206 | Location: Seattle | Member Since: 04-22-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
quote:
The owner was hardly forcoming via text messages which was off-putting.

If you've got a good product, you want to show it to people.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim and Tere:
quote:
The owner was hardly forcoming via text messages which was off-putting.

If you've got a good product, you want to show it to people.

Some of us (old farts) are NOT fond of texting, finding it tedious and awkward. Nobody ever gets more than terse, cryptic text replies from me.

Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
It is a crap shoot to drive ANYTHING forty years old from the West Coast to the East Coast.
At today's local price for regular gasoline, I figure it would cost you $1,250. You should EXPECT other significant expenses to arise. SOMETHING(s) almost certain to breakdown.

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the offer Mike, and yes I would appreciate any such help, though I am reluctant to put anyone out since I might chicken out in the end because of the distance. Actually I own four cars, none of which are newer than 22 years and have seen my share of tow trucks and AAA...you got to have a spirit of adventure about such things. As for texting, I am 66 and since my kids refuse to do anything but, I am quite adept, though you have to have a smart phone or go nuts. I work in a Smithsonian museum and had no choice but to get digitally competent despite the stress to my ancient brain.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Clark, isn't there an ap that you can speak your text message into your smart phone and it will send it as a text? Wait, wait, isn't that sort of the same as calling? I actually see a benefit to texting, much the same as writing a letter. When you send a text, you have the readers complete attention. They don't start thinking up their reply in mid sentence. On the down side, you would have to be very good with written words to even come close to the personal communication called 'talking'. And 'listening'. Sorry, thread drift.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post